Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2003, 03:21 PM   #301
Major Player

Addendum
If you wanted one on top of the other, the settings would be (in PAL) 360 x 0 for the upper and 360 x 576 for the lower. I'm still talking about unsqueezed frames, so half of each will be left outside of the visible area.
Old May 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM   #302
Inner Circle

another alternative is to check out this great site, its got some really helpful tutorials

http://www.martyhedler.com/homepage/...Tutorials.html

its also got some really clever editing and masking techniques and configs to try out.
Old May 18th, 2003, 10:25 PM   #303
Regular Crew

Vegas 4 +DVD ?

Hi again,
One last question before I buy Vegas 4.
Is it worthwhile to get it with the DVD included. At the moment all I have is Sonic DVD which came with my A04 burner.
Should I get the full version or could I make a better investment buying another authoring software? I am not really interested in suround sound.
Thanks
Mike
Old May 18th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #304
Major Player

Oh lord yes! I got sonic with my Recorder, also. Tried it for a couple of DVD's, and immediately started looking for something else. I ended up with Vegas 4 + DVD . It's awesome.
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:05 AM   #305
Sponsor: JET DV

I would say yes because you also get the full AC-3 encoder along with DVD authoring. With the AC-3 encoder, you can produce full Dolby 5.1 DVDs and even 5.1 WMV files. But, the encoder also produces standard Stereo AC-3 which, when placed on your DVD, requires much less space. So, if you want 2 hours on a DVD, AC-3 is REQUIRED if you want decent results.
Old May 19th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #306
Major Player

I decided to buy only Vegas because I don't think DVDA at "version 1" is enough. I'm sure it will be more competitive with its next release, especially given Adobe's announcement of Encore DVD.

This decision will obviously cost me money. The purchase price of V+D is $200 more than just V, while the upgrade from V to V+D is $300. However, the decision frees me to use the dominant product in this price range, Ulead DVD Workshop, if I decide that's a better choice.

So I'm paying $100 to defer my decision and get what I think will be the best choice at the last possible moment before I need it.
Old May 19th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #307
Rextilleon

Will, I think you made the right decision---Hope you really enjoy Vegas. Give it a couple of weeks, I think you will be pleased.
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:22 PM   #308
Major Player

Rex, I've been using it for close to a month but knew I made the right decision before it even arrived. No hedging on Vegas, just on DVDA.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 03:11 AM   #309
Slash Rules!

Do you think that jitteriness might have to do with resampling? Perhaps if I turned off resample, it'd like right? I have a hard time with the track motion and pan crop controls, so I use 3d plugin pac LE to size video and stuff. Is there a difference?
Old May 23rd, 2003, 10:27 AM   #310
Wrangler

Can anyone confirm combatibility of Vegas DVD architech and the Sony DRU500AX burner?

Can anyone confirm that Vegas DVD Architech works with the DRU500AX DVD burner. I checked on Sonic's site and the DRU500 is listed but doesn't denot if it's the A or X ....or if it even matters at all. Thanks.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:10 PM   #311
Major Player

I used the internal version and everythign works fine, of course that is IDE not USB or IEEE 1394.
Old May 24th, 2003, 09:13 AM   #312
Major Player

Whenever I get those jitters - for whatever reason - I first check that "force resample" and "reduce interlace flicker" is selected. That usually makes them go away. The controls are found by rightclicking the event.
Old May 24th, 2003, 05:43 PM   #313
Slash Rules!

I have smart resample selected by default. Is that very different from force resample?

Also, I guess I didn't mention this, but it's not so much a jitter as it is making the footage look like frame mode or something, rather than 60i.
Old May 25th, 2003, 02:07 AM   #314
Regular Crew

Equalising/Normalising Audio Tracks in Vegas 4

I have a few additional audio tracks that have been recorded with a louder volume than the others on my current project.

Can anyone please advise me how to adjust these properties so that these tracks aren't so loud when played back on my stand-alone DVD player?

Many thanks and regards,
Neil
Old May 25th, 2003, 09:04 AM   #315
Inner Circle

There are a number of ways to adjust audio in Vegas4.
1st; on track level you can adjuct the db- it's set to zero and there is alot of up and down adjustment on the slider. 2nd; you can insert and use an envelope and adjust the points up and down to suit your tastes for individual parts of the audio. 3rd; you can use the master mixer and that will control ALL the audio in the project.
Audio control is one of the strongest points of Vegas. Play around with the various controls until you get the sound that suits your tastes.
Don B.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...