Plural Eyes - no brainer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 12th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Plural Eyes - no brainer

Plural Eyes is strictly a syncing tool.

For editing of multi-cam products, there are certainly many ways to do this. Originally you had to manually split tracks and delete or move sections in order to finish the final product (methods which are described in Vol 1 #9 of my newsletters).

Multi-cam editing was first automated shortly after the release of Vegas 4 in 2003 with the release of Excalibur. Excalibur is still what I prefer to use for multi-cam editing and and older version is also described in the article mentioned above.

Since 2003, Ultimate S was also released with a 2 camera multicam followed by another product also by VASST that can handle more than 2 cameras. Then a few years back, multi-cam was added directly to Vegas as a built-in feature - however, many people still prefer the scripting versions.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #17
Inner Circle

The trial version is non-invasive and completely functional and free to use for 30 days, so if you need a syncing program there is no reason to not try it. For Vegas NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. From what I see here Premier Pro can't utilize it as well.
Old October 12th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #18

In Vegas, Plural Eyes can run inside Vegas as a plugin (custom command) and modify the timeline directly to match up the clips. In Premiere, my understanding is that you have to export the project, run Plural Eyes on that export, and then import that back into Premiere so the workflow is not as smooth.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 02:09 AM   #19
Trustee

When i first read the Thread started from my friend Jeff i had a little curiosity about triyng this software. Now i can tell he is right but i wouldlike to know what are your workflow suggestions.
I have 5 interviews with bad audio but i was luckly enough to have recorded good audio with an external device. Now i put em in timeline and what would be the best bet? Throw all the 5 interviews on the timeline and try to synch all of them or should i try to synch one by one then copy the parts thaat i need and paste them on another project?

Many thanks
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 01:54 AM   #20
Major Player

Marcus throw all your footage/audio on the time-lime each video with the same audio on a different track then select them all and let PluralEyes do it's thing.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #21
Trustee

Hola,
i feel really bad but i can't make it work.
Track A: i have 5 cutted piec of an interview with the cam
Track B: i have the audio recorded with an external source

I selected all the little clips then i went to Pluraleyes; it analyzes and render. When it finish to process it puts all the clips at the beginning or at the end of the track without finding the synch. What am i missing?

Many thanks
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #22
Inner Circle

I tried using external recorder audio and it does not work for me with plural eyes. I mostly sync up 4 camera shoots, but those work perfectly, but not the audio recorded from a voice recorder. It might be because it it she wrong speed, and might need to be adusted, I don't know.
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #23
Major Player

Jeff if the audio recorder slows down over time it's going to be a problem try splitting the audio into sections and try syncing again.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Ok, Nicholas, thanks. I will also find out how to adjust audio. there is a rate at which to slow it down, a percentage, and they talked about it in the audio forum, need to pursue that.
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #25
Major Player

I've downloaded the trial but am somewhat disappointed

i've tried to sync different clips with the separate audio clips I recorded with my zoom h4n and it doesnt sync at all!!

the only time it works is when I put a clip with video and audio (already synced) and a separate track with only the audio recorded externally: then it works fine.

am I missing something? isn't pluraleyes supposed to sync audio with video as well? or does it require that every single event has already its own audio track to work?
Federico Perale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #26

Federico, that's how it's supposed to work - It syncs audio to audio!
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #27
Inner Circle

Yeah, it can't sync audio to video without an audio track.
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #28
Major Player

thanks
for some reason I though it was meant to also help when shooting video only and then audio separately.
Federico Perale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #29

No, it needs the audio from the video to sync with. Otherwise, it has nothing to match up.
Old November 7th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #30
Major Player

I bought the DualEyes product which is a stand alone version and I shoot video with the Rode SVM attached to the 5D Mk2 for the audio cue track and then sync the MOV (audio and video) with my H4n wav file from the same recording session.
What I love is dropping 10 MOVs and one WAV file and it automatically matches and attaches the H4n audio to the MOV and writes as a seperate file so nothing is ever destroyed in the process. Slick!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...