Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 129 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #1921
Regular Crew

But how do i replace them?
overwrtiting them wont owrk since te offline will be in avi and the real footage will be m2t
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #1922
Sponsor: JET DV

There's always the right-click - replace option in the media pool but the easiest option would probably be to use Gear Shift by Spot.
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #1923
Major Player

Yes I realize that lol....its the fact that it does Differance sort of reverse what I expected it to. It kind of left the subject almost the same color, and just blacked out the background...but that was due to the subject having some of the same colors as the background.

It actually does work the way I said - Create a Differance composite, render, black and white then threshold - then set that track as a mask on the original footage...I just wasn't using enough of a color contrasting background in comparision to my subject. With that considered...I think my results were quite good...better than chroma key. I recommend people who are chroma keying and getting that infamous "halo" try it out. I noticed where their is even slight color contrast between the subject and background I get an amazingly clean and sharp line around the subject.
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #1924
Regular Crew

Thanks. And what is gear shift and where do i get it?
Old June 24th, 2005, 12:02 PM   #1925

http://www.vasst.com/search.aspx?text=gearshift
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #1926
Major Player

Change to a 1.0 pixel aspect and render out at 864x480. You'll get what you want.

/*
I always do 720*1.2 rather than the full pixel aspect (1.2xxxx or something) - 1) it looks right, and 2) it's a better number (evenly divisible by 16) when putting the source file into an mpeg2 encoder) - 880 (next even divisible #) looks wider than it should at a 1:1 pixel aspect.

$.02
*/
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:04 PM   #1927
Major Player

Audio tracks.. probably dead simple answer..

but I can't figure it out.

If you've got audio in just the left channel (right channel being empty), how can you clone it to be in both?

(mono shotgun)
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM   #1928

Right-click - Channels - Pick the appropriate option.
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:14 PM   #1929
Major Player

Brilliant, thanks!

That was dead simple.. I was trying to copy/paste everything in the audio editor (sloow).
Old June 25th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #1930
Regular Crew

Thanks, Edward. I'll keep experimenting with the Insert Time.
Old June 25th, 2005, 09:46 AM   #1931
Regular Crew

Here's a shot in the dark about your being unable to make the fade tool available. If you've dropped the gain to less than 100% (pulling down the line from the top of the clip), then keep in mind the cursor won't turn into the fade tool when it is at the upper corner of the end of the clip, but at where the line you pulled down meets the end of the clip.
Old June 25th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #1932
Trustee

Problem with my new PLEXTOR PX-716A

I installed a new Plextor burner this morning. Every thing was going well. No problem rendering, No problem prepareing, no problem burning. I played it back on my computer, great. I go to play it on my Panasonic deck. Nothing. It says check disk for dirt or scractes. I try three different dvd brands, DVD+R Maxell, Verbatim, HP. All play on the PC but not the deck. Oh, before I installed the Plextor I made three dvd copies on my old burner. They play perfect on both PC and deck. Any ideas? Bob
Old June 25th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #1933
Regular Crew

Thanks Brian, I'm suspecting that when it's happened it's been either what you or Edward suggest or both. I'll check it out next time it happens.
Old June 25th, 2005, 06:26 PM   #1934
Regular Crew

If it makes you feel any better I've had the same thing happen when trying to insert time. Usually it works for me on the second or third try. Don't know why it happens though.
Old June 25th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #1935
Regular Crew

Need help rendering video for the internet

A friend and I are trying to put a 17 second clip on a website so that people can click a link and watch the video. I've never rendered anything except full size and I'm having trouble figuring out how to render a clip that is smaller in size so that people can dowload it quickly. Do you just reduce the frame size under the render options or are there other settings to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...