If I go over the 99 chapter limit, what happens? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Trustee

If I go over the 99 chapter limit, what happens?

I am in the process of preparing a DVD and found out that the limit for chapters is 99 - is this going to affect my project? Will it still run properly? Thanks
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Do you need more than 99? BTW, I believe it's 99 per playlist so you may be agle to get around that by using more playlists.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #3
Trustee

It was a picture slideshow, so there were a lot of pictures in this. The chapters are really more for the editor to check out each picture and the caption before it goes to the final version. I burned it anyway, so I guess I will have to wait and see.
BTW, how do you get a playlist? Is that Vegas or ARCH?
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Delaney View Post
BTW, how do you get a playlist? Is that Vegas or ARCH?
Playlists are a function of DVDA.
I've never done one but the online help seems pretty self-explanatory.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:43 PM   #5
Trustee

Well, I have discovered what happens. It does not go beyond 99 chapters when viewed through the player. That sucks. Luckily, there is only about 15 minutes of photos left in the end, but it is a pain not being able to cycle through them to check for errors and such before getting it out to people. I will have to look into the playlist function, but I don't know how it can work considering they are created in VEGAS and in fact, when I went over 99, the markers went blank.

Ok, tried to make a playlist in Arch, but I can't seem to get it - I made playlists, but they all access the entire 99 chapters and nothing more. I am not sure how to combat this or if I can. Someone said something about 'titling'? Does anyone know a way around this or how I can get more then 99 in arch?

Last edited by David Delaney; April 22nd, 2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:30 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Chapter limit

I have been in your shoes before and the only way i could get around this was to split the movie. When you render the second half with the blank markers they will be renumbered from the first marker.
Jay Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...