24f Capture Problems in Vegas 8.0b - XH-A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 17th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

24f Capture Problems in Vegas 8.0b - XH-A1

I posted a similar thread in the XH-A1 forum, and was persuaded that this is a Vegas problem, so I'm coming here now for help.

I just upgraded my XP box to Vista, and I'm having a serious problem capturing 24f footage from my XH-A1 into Vegas 8.0b. It recognizes the camera, but it is capturing the footage as a series of less-than-one-second clips. 60i footage from the XH-A1 is captured with no problem. 24f and 60i footage from my HV20 is captured fine.

Have any of you heard of this? Is this a Vegas issue? If so, is Sony aware of it and doing something about it?

Thanks . . .
Will Schryver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #2
Major Player

I think if you do a forum search or google, you'll see lots of hits about that problem. I ended up capturing with HDVSplit (free program).
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

You're right

Yup it doesn't work, I would assume that Sony knows about it as there have been dozens of posts about it here and on the Sony forum, I'm also pretty sure that they would suggest you by a Sony camera to avoid these problems.
Make friends with HDV split as I really doubt that fixing the capture program for a Canon is on top of Madison's 'to do' list.
I like Vegas a lot, I like my Canon a lot..I'm coping.
Roy Feldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Feldman View Post
Yup it doesn't work, I would assume that Sony knows about it as there have been dozens of posts about it here and on the Sony forum, I'm also pretty sure that they would suggest you by a Sony camera to avoid these problems.
Make friends with HDV split as I really doubt that fixing the capture program for a Canon is on top of Madison's 'to do' list.
I like Vegas a lot, I like my Canon a lot..I'm coping.
I have officially "made friends" with HDVSplit. It's simple, straightforward, and in some ways I think I prefer it over the capture utility in Vegas.

Thanks for the help guys . . .
Will Schryver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...