Song's lyric in a highlight video.. where do you draw the line? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Major Player

Song's lyric in a highlight video.. where do you draw the line?

I just wanna know other's opinion on this.. I've found some perfect tunes for wedding video. Very nice music, dynamics and everything.. except that the lyrics is not really about people falling in love!

For example.. I found this nice song about a baby, where it talks about wrapping her in towel, feel her breast etc.. but it will sound more like a horny song if put in context of adults!! then there are other songs about how life is a battle, about a motorbike accident... etc.. but the tunes are excellent!!

Do you guys specifically chose love songs for your highlights? Where do you draw the line when the lyrics become too inappropriate to be used?
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Major Player

You can try to hide some of the lyrics that don't fit with audio from a speech or other natural audio.

I don't personally mind lyrics that don't exactly fit, but my wife can't stand it...so we only use songs that fit within the realm of love.

edit: And I would NEVER use a song that uses mature language.
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #3
Major Player

I am a nut when it comes to music... I'm SUPER picky and have had this problem many times. If I can't fix it by cutting up the song or looping I just don't use it.. PERIOD. I commonly cut entire verses from the middle of a song or loop instrumental sections to get more realestate for vows or something. Of course this is coming from a guy who refuses to ever use a song twice or let the bride pick her own music. So take that for what it's worth.
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Regular Crew

You mean you've never been tempted to use 'Baby Got Back' as the bride walks down the aisle ;)
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:55 PM   #5
Major Player

I just got my girlfriend listened to the song that has that 'breast' word in it.. she agreed it is a very nice music.. but the lyric is not appropriate :(

In desperate attempt I'm starting to consider dubbing the word 'breast' and change it to 'breath' lol.. :P
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:39 AM   #6
Major Player

If the lyric doesn't fit then the song doesn't work.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques