DSLR & Lens question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DSLR & Lens question

We don't really a DSLR section that I saw on DVINFO, and people here seem to use them more than the rest so here's where I shall post.

I have a 35mm Letus Adapter for my video camera. I have a Nikon adapter for it, so I am in the market for some Nikon Primes lenses.

That said, my wife is looking to join my wedding video entourage by adding some photography options for us.
So we will be starting her out with a midrange Nikon DSLR (open for suggestions on this).

I would like to be able to use the lenses that we purchase for both the DSLR and the 35mm adapter.

Where can I find out which lenses work for what?

Can I use older prime lenses on current DSLRs?
Are there lenses that are good for both? or better what not good for both?

Thanks
Alden Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Inner Circle

As far as the DSLR is concerned, get a Canon 7d or T2i, and buy lens adapter to fit your Nikon stuff.

Here:Alternative Imaging Methods Forum at DVinfo.net
Old August 6th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #3
Trustee

Adam, or wait for the pro version of Sony's VG10 and you can both use the same cameras and all the auto Minolta/Zeiss lenses - and have decent, in-sync sound
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Philip -
As a Sony user, I'll just say that the new "E" mount complicates compatibility with older glass. Where Sony goes with the NEX platform and what it will mean to the Alpha line is a big unknown, although there are supposed to be 4 "A" mount cameras to be announced soon with HD video.

I'm still puzzling myself, as I want to upgrade aging Alpha camera bodies, but want the video "option"... yet the VG10 sure looks tempting!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques