A Dynamic Wedding Clip - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 28th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #16
New Boot

Waoh!
I admire the art direction, the sensuality was not actually as vivid as some comments painted it. To me, it's cool so long as the couple approves of it.
But I agree with Victor about the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Kellar View Post

My only issue is that the music and the technique may not match the content and the shooting style.

Just that I cant place a finger on any particular music, but I will brainstorm on that.

That was some fantastic piece of work. I got your site bookmarked already! Will be watching out for more creative stuff from you.
Dotun Adesida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #17
Major Player

Dotun, thank you for your nice words, I am working on some interesting wedding clip ideas!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:05 AM   #18
Trustee

Oleg,

Dude, you're the man!

Thanks for taking chances and thanks for sharing. I don't normally read the wedding forum, but I've got a couple coming up, and I was looking to see what people were shooting and I've got to say, this stuff you've been doing is great. I'm more partial to your other piece (wine glasses. redhead and elevator), but this piece is pushing boundaries.

I was just at a bridal show (my wife does photos, so we shared a booth). Man, I've go to say, I would have loved to demo some work like this.

Thanks again!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:11 PM   #19
Major Player

Ken, thank you for your kind words! :)

How is the bridal show, where does it take place? I hope some great videographers, wedding film studios demo their work there! I'd love to hear more about the show!

I'd love to go to Canada one day, please let me know about some venues!
Promise, will do my best to keep up!

Cheers! Oleg.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM   #20
Major Player

well I have to be honest...i didn't like it. but that's what personal opinions are for right? I did like the effects though (don't know if that sounds contradictory) and I can tell you put some time in it. But let me tell you what i DO like. I like that you have your own unique style. Many of the videos I watch seem like they could come from the same person, or fit that "wedding video" type of template. But your videos are very creative and you have a good range of techniques to draw from. So the being said, very nice work! (hope that made sense)

-JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM   #21
Major Player

sorry Oleg, thought I should be more critical...or specific rather. I watched it a second time, and...

I think the only thing I didn't like was the speeding up of the shots throughout. I did like it at the end though. Color was great.

-JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #22
Trustee

Cool! Realli something different :) Nice use of the lights!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:13 AM   #23
Major Player

John, appreciate for watching it twice!
Sean, thank you!
Old March 4th, 2008, 01:05 AM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan View Post

How is the bridal show, where does it take place? I hope some great videographers, wedding film studios demo their work there! I'd love to hear more about the show!

I'd love to go to Canada one day, please let me know about some venues!
Promise, will do my best to keep up!

Cheers! Oleg.
Oleg,

At bridal shows, it's florists, cake decorators, dress designers, photographers, anyone who has something to sell to brides. At this show, they only allowed one professional per category. My wife is a photographer who wanted to go, but they wouldn't let her, because there was already a photog there. So I registered as a videographer, and she came and secretly promoted her photography.

As I said, I'm not really into filming weddings because of all the work for the low pay. But I'm doing a couple this year and I'm going to show your work to the couples and see if they are game to try something like this. If it works I would like to develop the style, and look to market the idea of a 10-minute short film story instead of the cliche-type videos.

For example, one wedding I have booked in June will be in a forest type setting. I have the idea to film the couple in B&W, slo-mo, sun streaks thru the trees, running thru the forest (maybe a CU of a dropped shoe). Perhaps the damsel is in distress from an unseen pursuer and the the groom arrives in time and rescues her. I think it's something that could be done in a relatively short time.

Thanks for the inspiration. If I can get one done sooner, I'll post the results.

Ken.
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:27 AM   #25
Major Player

Ken, your idea of a wedding film in a forest type setting sounds great.

"I have the idea to film the couple in B&W, slo-mo, sun streaks thru the trees, running thru the forest (maybe a CU of a dropped shoe)
Perhaps the damsel is in distress from an unseen pursuer and the the groom arrives in time and rescues her"

You have great visuals there, I look forward to see that!

We all inspire each other, don't we?!
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #26
Trustee

Kaлян. awesome stufffff, what's the camera,
edit is super, and the bride is just unreal,
Thanks for sharing!
:-)
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:10 PM   #27
Regular Crew

I love it. I'm a huge fan of your work. I really liked the reverse fireworks at the end..
Greg Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 01:58 AM   #28
Major Player

Buba, thank you, Do you speak Russian?

Greg, Cheers! Will do my best to keep up!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques