First preview using Canon XF300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 19th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #1
First preview using Canon XF300
Tim Bakland Tim Bakland is offline August 19th, 2010, 07:10 PM

I'm having a lot of fun adjusting to the new canon and have just put out a first short trailer for clients. Any thoughts are welcome.

(Trying to post a vimeo embed -- but didn't work) -- could someone give directions please?)

Last edited by Tim Bakland; August 19th, 2010 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Trying to post a vimeo video -- wouldn't work

Tim Bakland
Major Player
Views: 1847
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Major Player

Just paste the website (eg. http://vimeo.com/12345) and make sure the "automatically embed media" box is ticked.
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Major Player

First preview using Canon XF300

Thanks for the help!
So, here it is. First official client preview using the XF - any thoughts would be appreciated. (They wanted the 2:35 cinema aspect for the trailer)

Old September 7th, 2010, 05:06 AM   #4
Trustee

Tim, the thing which I expect will surprise UK viewers is the choice of music. Nimrod, from Elgar's Enigma Variations is usually associated with solemn occasions, especially funerals in the UK. It is always played at the Service of Remembrance at the Cenotaph, Britain's national war memorial in Whitehall, London on the Sunday nearest to 11 November each year.

Otherwise I thought your piece very polished though I felt the sound balance when the groom was speaking was wrong but computer headphones are no way to make that decision properly.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #5
Major Player

re

nice and tidy filming but i agree with Tim , the music reminds me of band of brothers which i associate with tears.

Luke
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Major Player

Yes - I hear you on the music. I'm sure it has all sorts of particular associations in England that it doesn't have in the States. The couple chose it after I had recommended it as one of a few well done royalty free classical pieces (hard to come by).
Thank you for the comments!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery