Quite proud of the intro to my new clip :) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Quite proud of the intro to my new clip :)
Richard Wakefield Richard Wakefield is offline July 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Hi all,

Ok, i filmed a close friend's wedding in france a couple of weeks ago. So it was a freebie, and I really didn't film that much (so maybe ignore 2/3 of it).

but it's the intro i'm proud of, and want to share:

Laurie et Rob - Wedding Highlights (from France) on Vimeo

ooh la la :)

Richard Wakefield
Major Player
Views: 1501
Old July 28th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Great stuff! The intro was really good. I'd love to know where the aerial shot came from. The editing was top-notch, and the stabilized shots really give dynamism to the clip. Good grading as well. My only critique is the tiny typeface for the subtitles, unless all your clients have giant home cinemas.

Bill Engeler
wsfilm.be
Bill Engeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Major Player

Cool intro alright!
The music made me want to slash my wrists though :)
Old July 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys

yeah I can't say I'm at all keen on the song too but chosen by the couple and I agreed to it... But only coz they're mates!

re the subtitles - they are small yes, I wonder if there are infact guidelines or recommendations that anyone knows of? My friends have a massive tv so I guess it's ok :)
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Great. My guess the aerial shot came from a still and the moving clouds are inserted. How the two clouds moved in the opposite direction was not convicing, better to let it move in the same way. The editing was good. The subtitles size was just right for me.
Asvaldur Kristjansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #6
Major Player

I grit my teeth through the music, but enjoyed the visuals tremendously. Nicely shot and edited. But please, can we get a remix without the hee-haw tune?
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Major Player

Country music in France ? It just did not flow for me with the music, it was so out of place. but you have very good shots :)
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield View Post
re the subtitles - they are small yes, I wonder if there are infact guidelines or recommendations that anyone knows of? My friends have a massive tv so I guess it's ok :)
The subtitles are fine. Everything looks smaller on the vimeo screen. Sometimes, if I have time, I will make some of the titles bigger for vimeo. The bigger titles just look better for the internet, but look too big when you get them on a tv screen.
Tim Harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:01 AM   #9
Major Player

Tim - yep, exactly. i guess i was just saving time having the same size titles for the vimeo clip and for the DVD....coz i gotta get on and edit the paid jobs now!

haha, loving the hatred for the song. as i say, i was only doing what i was told with this particular one....and if you know my friends like i do, this song does totally match them. (no, they don't do line-dancing - you know what i mean!)

Asvaldur - OMG, you're totally right about those clouds! DAMN, DAMN, DAMN! well let's pretend there was some freak overlapping wind currents, going in different directions :)
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Good work Richard. Enjoyed that. Loving your Color Enhancement. Keep it up.
Old July 31st, 2009, 10:27 AM   #11
Inner Circle

woow that's just a pleasure to watch this clip. You have really good framing and angling. Steadicam shots are great too. Thanks for sharing.

But then, the country music style kinda strange know the wedding was in france. =)
Old August 4th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #12
Regular Crew

That lil bitty song was a lil bitty annoying but i think you made it work with the clips you put together, specially for the photographer? that started dancing in the middle of the isle. But mates don't let mates pick bad songs. ;o)

Always been a fan of the work you do Richard. I watched the video from beginning to end and kept me interested.

I would have to agree concerning the cloud effect that you created, i would make sure they are going all in the same direction to be as close to reality as possible.

Lastly, Your colour grading was done using MB Looks?

Thank you for sharing, yet another beautiful and fun piece.
Carl Wilky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery