Most recent trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:15 AM  
Most recent trailer
Glen Elliott Glen Elliott is offline November 25th, 2008, 01:15 AM

Just finished cutting a trailer for a couple who had a beautiful event at a gorgeous venue in Central Jersey. I have to say- I think it's the first time I've seen a sunset over the water (darn you left-coasters!). lol Anyway it was shot with XH-A1s, and cut in Final Cut, enjoy...

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/alifranktrailer.mov

Glen Elliott
Wrangler
Views: 3192
Old November 29th, 2008, 07:22 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I have to say this sample from Glen is worthy of my first post on this forum.
Excellent pace and cut together well with some nice smooth camera moves, what glidecam do you use Glen?

Phil
Phil Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 01:19 AM   #17
Tourist

Great job, I always enjoy your work! I actually did a huge favor for close friends of mine to do the videography for their wedding. I agreed and it was my first time so I did a lit bit of research a found your samples which gave me an idea how to go about doing their wedding.

Anyways, I did their highlights awhile ago and used the same Coldplay song, and we ended it the same way with the B&G dance! I guess great minds think alike? Of course yours blew mine out of the water :)
Andrew Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Glen (great name by the way :P), I've noticed several times on these forums that there's a lot of copyrighted music used in videos. Are you not concerned at all with the legalities of doing so?

I assume that your client paid for the trailer, too. I was always under the impression that for free jobs, it might be okay to tread into the realm of copyrighted music, but always to go royalty free for any paid job.

Anyway, I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the matter. (Personally, I loved your use of the song!)
Glenn Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #19
Regular Crew

How's this? A 5 month bump for this topic!

I was sorting out some stuff on the desktop and came across this file which I must have downloaded a while ago and never viewed.

Glen - this is some absolutely beautiful work. Practically flawless IMHO. It's not very often that I get so totally immersed in watching a wedding highlights that I completely forget about the technical side of things, but this clip did it for me.

Beautiful camera movements, audio, story telling and colouring throughout. It looks like it was a great wedding and seems like you did it justice and more.

Cheers

Matt.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM   #20
Major Player

Very nice!

Very nice clip. Well done! I tried using that song for a trailer but decided wasn't a good choice but you nailed it :) The voice of celebrant works wonders with the smiles.

Santo
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #21
Major Player

Glen:

Good job! You said that there was no preset involved? What were your camera settings? Were they 60I /HDV, wha was your shutter speed?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #22
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Moon View Post
Wow..12db...I need to try that with my A1's. I would have expected a ton of noise. Way to push the camera.

We are doing well...hope to see you and the sidekick in Austin :)
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it- you guys have fun. Make sure someone there vlogs it!
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #23
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Glen, when you have plenty of light are you using a 0db gain setting or a -3db gain setting?
I typically shoot for -3db as it will give a cleaner image- however I'm sure several times I end up forgetting to change it to -3 and use the standard 0. Truth be told the difference between them is minimal. The biggest single thing you can do to clean your image up with high gain is turn your sharpness down as low as it can go. It doesn't affect the clarity and removes some of the noise the sharpening algorithm introduces and/or enhances.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #24
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Burton View Post
I have to say this sample from Glen is worthy of my first post on this forum.
Excellent pace and cut together well with some nice smooth camera moves, what glidecam do you use Glen?

Phil
Sorry for the late reply- and welcome to DVinfo! I used a Glidecam 4000 Pro, but have since upgraded to the 4000 HD unit.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #25
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kim View Post
Great job, I always enjoy your work! I actually did a huge favor for close friends of mine to do the videography for their wedding. I agreed and it was my first time so I did a lit bit of research a found your samples which gave me an idea how to go about doing their wedding.

Anyways, I did their highlights awhile ago and used the same Coldplay song, and we ended it the same way with the B&G dance! I guess great minds think alike? Of course yours blew mine out of the water :)
Hey Andrew thank you for the kind words. I know where you are coming from- there were some edits I cut to certain songs that I've seen done previously by the likes of Patrick M. After the cut was complete I didn't feel I did it as much justice. Overall though, that's a good thing- keeps you hungering for growth.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #26
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barwick View Post
How's this? A 5 month bump for this topic!

I was sorting out some stuff on the desktop and came across this file which I must have downloaded a while ago and never viewed.

Glen - this is some absolutely beautiful work. Practically flawless IMHO. It's not very often that I get so totally immersed in watching a wedding highlights that I completely forget about the technical side of things, but this clip did it for me.

Beautiful camera movements, audio, story telling and colouring throughout. It looks like it was a great wedding and seems like you did it justice and more.

Cheers

Matt.
Wow thank you for the gleaming praise- that's very flattering. I've been downing my work as of late- especially with the onset of all these 35mil adapter shooters. So much so that I plunked down 2k on the RedRock DSLR rig to allow me to use my mkII in a more natural way for shooting video. I'm trying to hold off until Canon brings out a camera based on the guts of a DSLR like the mkII. DVinfo isn't big on rumors- so I emphasize the fact that it's simply my "hope" that such a thing will come to fruition.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #27
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lewis View Post
Glen:

Good job! You said that there was no preset involved? What were your camera settings? Were they 60I /HDV, wha was your shutter speed?
I don't recall the settings used- I know I crushed the blacks in-camera and used a Cinegamma preset. It was all shot in 24f with shutter speeds ranging from 1/48th to 1/24th. I don't believe I went higher than 1/48th in this shoot- however I routinely do so now if the light allows.
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #28
Major Player

Glen, that was amazing I loved it. I have got to work on moving camera it really gives the video a professional look.

If your ever up in the NW corner of the state, please stop by.
Denny

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery