Toshiba SD-P2800 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old January 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Toshiba SD-P2800

Hi, anyone have any info on the Toshiba SD-P2800? It's a flippable, 16:9, and cheap. You can get them for as low as $190 or so if you shop around. It's also a 9" 800x400 LCD with wide viewing angle according to reviews with great picture quality, plus around 3.5 to 4.5 hour battery life. It's basically a slightly higher end portable DVD player than most. I think it'd be nice to have around just for showing demo reels and such or taking on plane flights, but I guess the real benefit is that it's a higher resolution monitor than is typical of portable DVD players, and seems to be on par with the Marhshall or Swit options, albeit with only component output, not in. I think it might be a consideration to buy one of these for occasional jib use here and there, and buy a 15" HD LCD TV for indoor use when you have access to an outlet.

Would there be any way to adapt/convert this to accept a component in signal? If not, I think it'd still work well in the interim as it looks like I'll be getting rid of my Nebtek 70-Li shortly. Most of the time, I would not be shooting HDV anyway but rather SD and for that I have no doubt that this would suffice for that until I get together the surplus dough for the Marshall HDA...plus as stated, I'd prefer taking this out on flight than a laptop as companion to my trusty old Game Boy Advance, just another way to pass airport time at worst.
Eugene Kim is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software