Dynatran AT-9903 eBay tripod: Opinions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 26th, 2004, 02:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Dynatran AT-9903 eBay tripod: Opinions?

Does anyone have any experience with this tripod?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3319&item=3848556458&rd=1

Who makes them? This head looks to be on par with a Bogen 516, correct? Looks like a very nice tripod system for the money.

What are your thoughts? I'm looking to buy my first pro-level tripod for wedding/event videography, upgrading from an $80 Quantary "fluid effect." I'm not knocking the Quantaray, but it's more off a hobbyist's tool than a serious production tool. I need a good tripod under $500 for a Panasonic AG-DVC80, DVX100A, or Sony VX2100, so I need a head capable of supporting at least 8 lbs.

Thanks,

T.J.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

At9903

I just browsed through your post, its a bit old,but I wanted to give you my 2cents worth. I shoot news and have had some terrible stories to tell from various tripod use. Keep in mind my camera weifgs in at over 25 lbs. Anyway, I just purchased this tripod off ebay from AVONA in Dedham, Mass.
It is a great piece of equiptment. lighter than the Oconnor that I just got rid of, and every bit as functional.
I have had 1 problem that came through with the tripod, one of the leg clampsor brakes on the first stage slips when it is locked all the way down.
I contacted Amvona, and they have offered to swap it out for a new one, no charge.
My feelings about this model; great , as good as a 1500$ model from one of the better known names.
The company; great people to deal with and super customer service, you would love this tripod and head
Ed Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 12:28 PM   #3
Major Player

I have one too... very nice and sturdy....
Werner Wesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #4
Major Player

I clicked on the link just today and it looks like eBay removed it because it was a scam. Boy do you have to be careful these days!
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:19 PM   #5
Major Player

That may be indicative of something else. They still sell massive volume through Ebay and have a 99.9 positive feedback with over 24 thousand transactions.
It is a small miracle for anyone to maintain that positive a feedback with that many sales.
You can patch into their current offerings by entering "Dyanphos" into the Ebay search engine.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads