Cleaning my Tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cleaning my Tripod

I was recently covering the fires out here in Southern California and my tripod got a little dirty/ashy. I want to clean my tripod but I wasn't sure if there were dos and don'ts about cleaning the tripod. By the way, the legs are Manfrotto 351MVB2 with a 503 head. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
Joe Sonnenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 04:15 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Joe............

Well, as no one else has stepped in, I'll give it a shot.

Legs: No problem. A bit of soapy water to get the muck off, a good rinse with clean water, job done.

Head: Practically the same, just don't work the soapy water into the moving parts if it can be helped. Clean water, job done.

Suppose it begs the question: How did you get clean?

CS

PS. It stopped burning yet? Seems to be the 4th year in a row California has erupted in flames, can there be anything left to burn?
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks

That is what I thought but I just wanted to be sure before I started on it. I'd hate to kill a tripod by cleaning it.

The fire has stopped burning for the most part. I think there are still a couple areas where it is still going but it is pretty much contained. Gotta tell you though, covering the fire was pretty exciting. The firemen sure know what they're doing. Anyways, Thanks again,

Joe
Joe Sonnenburg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads