Coffee Talk at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old May 20th, 2002, 10:26 AM   #1
Socrates

Coffee Talk

Hiya Chris (and all the rest :-)

I realize this topic has nothng to do with media, but I'm sure you'll all agree, it's equally as important:

I notice in your signature you mention Black Gang coffee. Seeing that I'm really into mega-strong coffee I have to ask, just what is Black Gang coffee? It sounds gnarly!!
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:51 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Socrates! Howya doing, nice to see you here, I'll be back your way pretty soon and I need to get a link to you a.s.a.p. So you see I haven't forgotten about you.

Ah yes, Black Gang coffee, a mysterious beverage shrouded in obscurity. Actually you're not the first person to ask. Remember our young friend Robert K S from the Canopus forums? He had the same question...

See http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&postid=6385#post6385

and http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&postid=2965#post2965

Once again the number is 555-4444, call me, we'll talk, no big whoop. Hope this helps!

;-)

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:12 PM   #3
Socrates

Chris, whatta tease!!! :p

Guess I'll just have to share my recipe:

I buy the blackest, gnarliest roasted beans I can find (currently an oily, jet-black esspresso roast at a local whole-foods market). When I'm ready to brew a pot, I grind the beans until they're powder - waaay longer than most people typically grind them (this grinding technique can improve the flavor of any coffee bean, actually). Then I douse them in hot water and have at it. Yum!

Thanks for stopping by the new place, by the way - it really helps when we're just starting up.
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:39 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks, Soc... however if you explore the threads I offered, you'll see that Black Gang coffee is not so much how it's made but who you drink it with. Although I will try your blend. Thanks,

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2002, 02:25 PM   #5
Socrates

Ahh, now that I'm under the influence of my own coffee recipe I see what you mean ;-)

Before you go throught the trouble of my recipe however, just keep in mind that it is VERY strong coffee - we have guests all the time here, but rarely do they have more than one bug-eyed, choking sip!
Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:48 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Ah so!

I'll get your link up -- very soon -- just juggling some stuff at the moment!

Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media