Hi, I'm the new guy (from Hamburg/Germany) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi, I'm the new guy (from Hamburg/Germany)

Hi all,

since I'm the new guy and probably have not much noteworthy to say about digital video just yet, I think it'd be best for my first post to be an introduction about myself.

I'm an 26 year old uni student and probably nothing more than just a point and shooter who at the same time is fascinated by brilliant photo and video shots by other people who are able to produce with somehow affordable equipment from an ordinary all day scenery.

At the moment I'm looking for an ultra compact (kind of) HD capable, prefereably tapeless camcorder which I'll be able to pack for surftrips and such.

I layed my eyes on the Xacti vpc-HD2 and by searching for details on the internet I soon stumbled over this forum and found it profoundly informative. Just by reading the whisdom of others on this site for the last 3 days I learned way more about digtial video than 3 months of google research combined.

So I hope that soon I'll be able to leave the group of passive watch-and-learners and join the ranks of video shooting novices. Until then I hope I won't ask too many dumb Questions.

So long,
Alex
Alexander Wrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:20 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Hi Alexander, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Alexander,

Welcome!

We are planning to shoot a music vidoe in Germany sometime in march and looking for some locals. Do you know Berlin or area around it well?
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Nah, sorry mate, I've only been there 3 or 4 times. I guess that doesn't make me much of a local.
Alexander Wrana is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood