Allow myself to introduce...myself at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 28th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Hello everyone, I'm writing from Las Cruces, New Mexico, where I'm a staff still photographer at the Sun-News but have been shooting and editing short videos for the last couple years. I'm really hooked on video, the editing is just addictive and the final product so rewarding.

There's a few clips on my site, www.vladfoto.com, if anyone wants to check out a Tour de France short edit and a video from the recent 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo mt. bike race. They're all between 45 sec. and 2 min., and exported with that new H.264 Quicktime codec which is giving me better quality and slightly smaller file sizes than Sorenson 3.
Any feedback on editing/cinematoraphy would be appreciated. I love this forum and all the great advice.
Thanks, Vladimir
Vladimir Chaloupka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #2
Wrangler

Welcome to DVinfo Vlad! Nice looking videos on the site too. My only nitpick is that when I go to your site, the browser window expands to fill my full 23" screen which seems a little rude ;-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #3
New Boot

Vlad, I got a message that I didn't have a needed file that wasn't available, so I couldn't see your video, but I really was impressed with your photos, especially the rodeo cowboy and the wreck scene showing the arrival of the life flight chopper. My daughter is an Emergency Room RN, and she will appreciate that one. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Chaloupka
Hello everyone, I'm writing from Las Cruces, New Mexico, where I'm a staff still photographer at the Sun-News but have been shooting and editing short videos for the last couple years. I'm really hooked on video, the editing is just addictive and the final product so rewarding.

There's a few clips on my site, www.vladfoto.com, if anyone wants to check out a Tour de France short edit and a video from the recent 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo mt. bike race. They're all between 45 sec. and 2 min., and exported with that new H.264 Quicktime codec which is giving me better quality and slightly smaller file sizes than Sorenson 3.
Any feedback on editing/cinematoraphy would be appreciated. I love this forum and all the great advice.
Thanks, Vladimir

Last edited by Alan Copeland; February 28th, 2006 at 01:49 PM.
Alan Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Wrangler

I think you'll need to download Quicktime 7 (for Mac or PC) here:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mac.html

One note of caution... careful about upgrading to QT7 if you're on a Mac running an earlier version of FCP or using QT6 pro. It will remove your version of QT6 pro and replace it with the free version of QT7.
Old February 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks, but I have a PC, and the codec only comes on the $29.95 Pro version according to Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
I think you'll need to download Quicktime 7 (for Mac or PC) here:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mac.html

One note of caution... careful about upgrading to QT7 if you're on a Mac running an earlier version of FCP or using QT6 pro. It will remove your version of QT6 pro and replace it with the free version of QT7.
Alan Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks Boyd and Alan. I'm wondering, maybe I should go back to Sorenson 3--slightly lower quality, but more people will be able to see the videos...
Vladimir Chaloupka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #7
Wrangler

Doesn't somebody have a free H.264 codec for Windows?
Old March 9th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #8
Regular Crew

videos

I uploaded new versions of my videos, going back to the Sorenson 3 codec, so they should now be viewable on any computer, even if you don't have the latest version of Quicktime (you still need Flash for the site, and a high speed connection is always good!)
Vlad
Vladimir Chaloupka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood