Settings in UK - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 4th, 2009, 03:44 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Tyrer View Post
As that won't really affect me I'll run some tests when I get all my kit together. It looks like I can convert in Vegas Pro.
One thing I hadn't considered when converting from 30P to 25P would be the change in audio. Looks like it will have to be 25P after all.

Just out of interest is there any way to preserve the original audio when down converting from 30P to 25P or 24P?

If this sounds like a total newbie question it's because I am...so please don't get too technical.

Thanks
Dave Tyrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 04:03 AM   #17
Trustee

The audio should stay the same, i.e. if you have recorded 1 min of footahe then the audio will play for 1 min, regardless if you have shot at 25, 24 or 60 fps etc. A fail safe method would be to save the audio as a seperate file, most good audio applications will let you import the soundtrack from any video clip.
Old August 4th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver View Post
The audio should stay the same, i.e. if you have recorded 1 min of footahe then the audio will play for 1 min, regardless if you have shot at 25, 24 or 60 fps etc. A fail safe method would be to save the audio as a seperate file, most good audio applications will let you import the soundtrack from any video clip.
So are you saying the audio doesn't slow down or speed up depending on what you convert to?
Old August 4th, 2009, 05:11 AM   #19
Trustee

No, the audio will stay the same. If you shoot 24 fps or 30 fps the total will still be one second of footage. Audio works with time, not frames per second. Think of a pie, if you devide the pie with four people you will have four sections, devide it with eight people and you will have eight sections, but the total will still be one pie. I am feeling hungry now, it must be lunch time.
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver View Post
No, the audio will stay the same. If you shoot 24 fps or 30 fps the total will still be one second of footage. Audio works with time, not frames per second. Think of a pie, if you devide the pie with four people you will have four sections, devide it with eight people and you will have eight sections, but the total will still be one pie. I am feeling hungry now, it must be lunch time.
Lol...enjoy your lunch. Great explanation...thanks Vincent. No reason why I shouldn't shoot in 30P then :-)
Old August 4th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #21
Regular Crew

That was your original question Dave and I waited for a positive confirmation on that as a fellow PAL lander. I find I am struggling a bit with 25P shutter speed 50 any time I pan, even slowly. I would prefer 30P. Is this a definitive yes from the group that 30P 50 is a usable combo?
David Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:37 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Herman View Post
That was your original question Dave and I waited for a positive confirmation on that as a fellow PAL lander. I find I am struggling a bit with 25P shutter speed 50 any time I pan, even slowly. I would prefer 30P. Is this a definitive yes from the group that 30P 50 is a usable combo?
David I think the shutter speed for 30P should be 1/60 - 1/50 would be for 25P and 1/48 for 24P
Dave Tyrer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds