IBC 2008 - New stuff? Anybody Going? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 5th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

IBC 2008 - New stuff? Anybody Going?

IBC is not far away. Has anybody heard some cool news or rumors?

Any of you guys going? Would be great to meet some of you. I'm guessing you americans stick to NAB, but many of you are europeans, right?
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Many of us are ;-)

Anyway, I'm planning to visit at least a couple of days and already bought tickets for the LAFCPUG Supermeet on Sunday.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:18 AM   #3
New Boot

Just registered so will definitely be there one or more days.
Old August 6th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #4
Major Player

Recieved my pass about two weeks ago! :-)
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I'll be floating around the Sony stand as I am doing a couple of presentations for Sony. I'll also be visiting Steffan at Polecam to find out the latest news on the Flash XDR etc.
Old August 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #6
Regular Crew

This year I was in Vegas also to visit the NAB, but then I decided to enjoy only Vegas and not the NAB. lol

So two days at IBC is a must for me now!

Alister,
think it was your presentation at last IBC (that was you with the gocart-footage-right?) why I bought the EX1! That was very good! But for this time I hope you will not show me that I have to buy an EX3.... your presentations are too "expensive" for me :-)
Swen Goebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #7
Inner Circle

The go-kart footage was in Nigel Coopers presentation, not mine. I have two presentations, one about using the EX1 to film the Northern Lights and one about SxS workflow.
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Alister,
ups sorry. I thought it was you. I joined dvinfo-forum a few month after the IBC 2007 so I didn't notice the names at the presentation. You're right I have seen Nigels presentation, not yours.
Swen Goebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #9
Inner Circle

I'm going. It will be my third IBC, and I really love how you can test all these camera's out and look at everything. In Europe (Belgium) it's very difficult to find shops that have anything else than consumer camera's.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds