EX3 Storm Chasing in Arizona Clip - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 29th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post

I also use 2 frame SLS shutter for lightning. This completely eliminates any split screen effects with lightning.

I was wondering about that in the context of your earlier point about lightning flashes lasting more that 1/25th second, because obviously they extend longer than the faster shutter speeds as well, i.e. 1/50, 1/60 etc.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #17
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Alister Chapman;913558].

I also use 2 frame SLS shutter for lightning. .[/QUOTE

K??

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
I was wondering about that in the context of your earlier point about lightning flashes lasting more that 1/25th second, because obviously they extend longer than the faster shutter speeds as well, i.e. 1/50, 1/60 etc.
True, but you really want a long(er) exposure to capture lighting. Short exposures increase the chance of partial flashes being recorded. SLS can help with both the 'rolling shutter' as well as getting less noise.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds