Balancing an EX1 on a sachtler DV 6 SB - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM   #16
Major Player

lenny,

i did not play with the miller #1022, that's the arrow 25 as i did with the ds-20 as i had no need for that much weight for my EX1 setup. that said, for a $2500 head, the arrow 25 has what i like with "number" dials for counterbalance and separate pan and tilt number settings. extremely precise and i would go there if i had more than 20 lbs of setup weight over the sachtler dv8

i am not sure though with your 35mm and a monitor with EX1, your setup is below the weight level of the arrow 25. it does look big and solid enough for the F350 and larger!

paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Levy View Post
Paul, I've been trying to find someone who has compared a DS-20 with an Arrow 25. Any thoughts?

I am thinking about it with a 35mm and zoom lens + a monitor so the weight is more than the Ex-1 alone.

Lenny
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds