Canon FD lens video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old January 5th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Canon FD lens video

That is an awesome find, I've been looking for a mid-range zoom to add to my two Canon FD primes, this fits perfectly with my 50mm f1.4 and 135mm f2.8. I picked one up from a used lens vendor this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up, even if not parfocal, it is a fine lens for under $200 for the NEX.

Scott Caplan
Scott Caplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: Canon FD lens video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Davis View Post

- It holds exposure well enough as I zoom the lens for me to do this during an interview

It's not perfect, but it's £100 and it's doing enough to make for lovely interviews. For me, the lens is a keeper, with enough 'parfocal' effect and with 'enough' constancy in aperture.
I hear what you're saying Matt, and I think I should add to my previous comment that - considering how old those lenses are, and how long they had served somebody else before we bought them on eBay for our FS100 - it's quite possible that each unit performs slightly differently.

It seems you have been lucky with yours; with mine I certainly couldn't zoom without fear of loosing the critical focus...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta