Sony Lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old December 7th, 2015, 12:56 PM   #1
Trustee

Sony Lenses

I while ago someone here said Sony may be coming out with a 17-50 or 28-75 @ 2.8 for the Sony NEX line possibly with zoom and auto focus. Did that ever happen? Or is there more info on it?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2015, 07:20 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Sony Lenses

Sony recently announced a 24-70mm f/2.8, but it is definitely not cheap!
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2015, 09:38 AM   #3
Trustee

Does it offer servo zoom?
Old December 9th, 2015, 12:24 AM   #4
Trustee

Strangely, I can't seem to find anything about it anymore other than rumours of an announcement.

Perhaps I was actually dreaming, as I do recall reading something more along the lines of a press release than a rumour, and in particular I remember reading peoples disappointed reactions to the high price which led me to believe it was well beyond the whispers and conjecture stage.

Apologies for the mistake, as I am not usually one to propagate rumours before they become truth! As for those rumours, they are pointing to a January announcement for this lens - which is designed as a photo-oriented partner for the A7 series (so I'd guess no servo) - but take that with a grain of salt!
Old December 9th, 2015, 11:00 AM   #5
Major Player

I remember that thread. It's here: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-alp...-new-lens.html
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2015, 08:14 PM   #6
Trustee

Too rich for my blood
Old December 12th, 2015, 07:10 AM   #7
Major Player

A decent FE 24-70/f2.8 with stabilisation is what I'm waiting for.
Many times there's just no time for lens changes when I film things. And I need a second zoom for live events. Also I don't have a FE lens for the A7S which I would also like to do more stills photography with...
Old December 13th, 2015, 06:28 AM   #8
Trustee

Fly-by-wire focus is the reason I still use Canon lenses on all my E-mount cameras. Unless Sony changes this, I won't be spending big dollars on investing in native E or FE lenses. I still keep the cheap kit lenses around though, for those rare times when AF is needed.
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:06 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri Zigany View Post
A decent FE 24-70/f2.8 with stabilisation is what I'm waiting for.
Many times there's just no time for lens changes when I film things. And I need a second zoom for live events. Also I don't have a FE lens for the A7S which I would also like to do more stills photography with...
I think only Nikon built such a beast, and it is not cheap either.

N.F.
Nick Fotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:16 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fotis View Post
I think only Nikon built such a beast, and it is not cheap either.
Tamron has a 24-70/2.8 with stabilisation and I think it's under €800...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wiley View Post
Fly-by-wire focus is the reason I still use Canon lenses on all my E-mount cameras. Unless Sony changes this, I won't be spending big dollars on investing in native E or FE lenses. I still keep the cheap kit lenses around though, for those rare times when AF is needed.
I don't know. I've rented Canon lenses a few times and I found the short focus throw rather flimsy and annoying. Actually prefer the fly-by-wire. For manual focus I have the manual Samyang cine lenses that at least have decent focus throw...
Old December 16th, 2015, 04:12 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wiley View Post
Same here - for weddings there are a few key points in the day when AF is a must and for that I use the FE Zeiss 24-70 but the manual focus for that (very expensive, especially for F4) lens is crap so for the rest of the wedding day I use Canon 24-105 F4 and for the evening reception a Tamron 24-70 f2.8.

I would love a Sony FE 24-70 f2.8 with manual focussing like Canon - even if they do bring one out, Sony's pricing is way off compared to what you get - too expensive IMO
Peter Rush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)