Time to Replace Cameras -where to now? - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old June 30th, 2015, 09:31 AM   #121
Inner Circle

Re: Time to Replace Cameras -where to now?

When I do a prep where the location is not the ceremony venue I charge a little more and my other half goes with my to finish off after I've left for the church - I leave her with a CX730 and list of shots, she's done it often enough now and although not ideal (I'd still rather do it myself) the footage is generally ok just for the last part, which is mainly the girls getting dressed, having some pics taken and leaving the house.

Regarding kit I can set up in 5 - 10 minutes depending on the layout of the venue - I still feel I need to get this down though - currently...

1 tripod
2 light stands with handycams on and small sandbags
Lav mic on the lecturn
Zoom H2 on a smaller light stand in front of a church speaker, if accessible
Zoom H1 secreted somewhere near the action

And I've just started leaving a GoPro on a light stand at the entrance to time-lapse guests arriving - very happy with it and it looks kinda cool but I've just added extra kit and setup time :/

In 4 days I'll be doing my first wedding with my EA50 in the boot of the car - just the A7s and 24-70 lens - I'll have my Canon 24-105 and speedbooster in a belt pouch which I will a the last minute swap onto the A7s for ceremony and speeches - this will give me more reach (becomes 38-168mm and F2.8 constant) - wish me luck!

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2015, 07:35 PM   #122
Inner Circle

Good Luck Pete

I don't think you will have any major issues leaving the EA-50 in the car ... so the A7S will be on a tripod as the main camera ?? Just make sure that you have any sort of continuous focus turned off ..I did a wedding with my old Panasonic AC-130's and left AF on ...it held the bride and groom in perfect focus for 10 minutes and then decided the trees in the background were more fun to focus on so it locked on those for the remainder of the ceremony making the couple's faces nice and soft and fuzzy. To be honest the GoPro saved by bacon there as I used lots of cutaways and the GoPro footage to cover up the error as much as I could!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2015, 02:33 PM   #123
Major Player

What cameras did you decide to get, Chris?
David Banner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)