Battery run time - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old September 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Battery run time

Cool David

Nice to have you here!! I have bought all my previous cameras from GMP in New Zealand and they never let me down at all.

When I dumped my Panasonics earlier this year GMP's price was identical to Video Pro's in Brisbane except the Brissie guys offered me free shipping AND GST was included too so getting from GMP would have cost me a bit more. They are however very prompt and very reliable!!

I got my 970's from Brisbane as well ...they did a buy one get one free deal for me cos I wrote them a nice review on their website for my first EA-50 .. I have a bunch of 750's (generic ones not Sony) that came with my video lights and they also work with the camera but I don't really need them. Yeah the 550's will not work at all according to the manual too!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #32
Trustee

These are what I ordered Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery for Sony NP-F975, NP-F970, NP-F960, NP-F950 (8500mAh): Camera & Photo

is that right?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #33
Inner Circle

I've got 4 of them and they worked great on my PDs and my lights so I don't see any reason they won't work on your 50!
Did you get them yet?
Old September 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #34
Trustee

nope but USPS said I SHOULD get them tomorrow. As long as I get them by Friday.
Old September 12th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #35
Trustee

Whew! I got the batteries last night my only concern now is I charged one and it only read as %99 on the camera I hope it holds a charge.
Old September 12th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Put it in the camera, turn the camera on, let it stay on until the battery dies or you get tired of checking it. that usually happens around 3 to 4 hours. If you want to, record a static scene on the tripod just to get a more accurate record of run time.
BTW, while doing that, make sure you charge the other ones!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)