35mm lens adaptor for Z1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 27th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #16
Major Player

The only three things you "need" are the achromat, brevis and a lens. Well, on the Z1 you will need a spacer. Dennis sells those too and I think they are about 20 bones.

As far as lenses, you don't need them all. Start with a 50mm 1.4 then maybe an 85mm 1.4. Then from there it depends on what you shoot most. If you are typically farther away pick up a 135 maybe. 200-300 even. If you are shooting in tight spots or need a wider image go with something wider/smaller. I'm getting ready to pick this up for some special shots http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...productNr=1910. Typically you would want a few lenses for a complete kit. Versatility is key. I also have a 35-70 zoom lens that I can use if the others don't quite fit the bill.

Keep in mind I highly recommend getting the rails support also. It's not "necessary" unless you have some big/heavy lenses. I use mine even with the small ones.

And like Chris said, the brevis will mount directly to your Z1 because it has a 72mm filter thread. The V1 will need a step down ring.

-Gene
Gene Crucean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM   #17
Regular Crew

i am about to order the brevis for my Z1.
I also will buy a new fotocamera soon. What is a smart decision? Should I get me a Canon eos400d with extra lenses or a nikon d70 with exxtra lenses?
It seems smart to be able to use the lenses on both the fotocamera AND the Z1. any advice ?
Jane Snijders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #18
Major Player

older nikon glass will work on your new nikon dslr.... but canon you'll need to stay with the new ef len's.... the ef lens will not stop down without tricks.... the nikon will manually stop down....

You'll want fast len's for the DOF adaptor... like f2 and under.

most go for a 50mm f1.4 to start.

zooms ussually have vignetting probs on DOF's.

Philip Blooms done alot of testing over on the alt imaging threads... check it out....
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1