FX1 ZEISS-FUJINON lens compare at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FX1 ZEISS-FUJINON lens compare

Now I made a B4 mount adapter besides Nikon on my camera
www.eidomedia.com/hdve here you can find a side by side compare between the original Zeiss lens and the Fujinon without
It is very clear the Chromatic aberation of the Zeiss and the clean images of the Fuji....
Matteo Ricchetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:19 AM   #2
Major Player

Of course 1/2" lenses that cost as new more than xf1 are better than the original fx1's lens.

It would be very interesting to see how those 1/3" eng-lenses performs.
They are in somewhere 1.5k$ league.
Toke Lahti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

As i am newbe here it will look sort of stupid question. Im still choosing new camera and the three competitors are the Canon, pana and the sony. Last one is increasing gap in the race, but what is iching me is how you took away the Zeiss lens?

As half my family is Still amateur photographers im able to use from nikon to fuji and canon lenses (thatīs why the XL2 is there). So, where did you got this universal adapter? and how you put the Nikon lens there?

Being the Zeiss lens for video and the Fuji and Nikon photo lenses the difference amaze me, specially in getting rid of the blue halo. I will wait some time to see more reviews, but in my heart (and pocket) thereīs just place for one. Thanks for open m eyes in this little issue.

Maybe i got a winner!
Old January 30th, 2005, 04:21 AM   #4
Trustee

Hey if you REALLY want to compare why not through up some zeiss digiprimes and the new fuji primes I think that will give you a much more balanced view, er so to speak.
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1