HD set-top player now ships in US at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 17th, 2004, 08:08 PM   #1
Trustee

HD set-top player now ships in US

Always wanted to play HD files encoded in WM9 off DVD-R, but were limited to your PC?

Not anymore!

Here's the first set-top hardware player with Component out that plays up to 1080i off either DVD-Rs (or off your PC's hard drive over the network):

click here

Should work with any TV set that accepts Component in.

Hurray!
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2004, 08:32 PM   #2
Inner Circle

This is really cool for playing back digital stills. According to the info at your link, you can hook up your USB card reader and display your photos at HD resolution. Great, now I can do a slide show on my HDTV in the living room. I'm ready to jump on this unit, but with a possibility of a Blu-Ray machine in the next two years, I have to curb my Device Lust.

I wonder about the quality of the video output. Sure, anything will beat my Nikon D70 video output
(which does a horrendous job of displaying NEF (raw) images but at least does an ok job for JPEG). This unit should have a DVI output, so I'm bumming that I only see component output with a "break out" cable. YET another specialty cable.

Also, I haven't finished reading the manuel. I wonder what
happens if you feed it JPG files with more than 3 Megapixels,
which is it's current maximum. I hope there's a reasonable conversion.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2004, 08:46 PM   #3
Trustee

...Note: all credit for discovering this unit goes to Tom Roper, here's the original thread - click me
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1