Where to pre-order Sony HDV - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 13th, 2004, 04:12 PM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Rob Lohman : Just out of curiousity. How is a HD TV station going to air your HD footage? In other words how is the bridge between HDV and the MPEG2 HD (which they are transmitting I presume) going to be made? -->>>

I agree with waiting to buy this camera, but I wanted to comment on your statement.

HDV is MPEG2 HD. HDV is simply the HD MPEG2 broadcast standard (that all the HD stations use) combined with a mechanism to record that format to regular DV tapes. That was the impetus behind the HDV format in the first place, to come up with a way to create a recording format that was equivalent to the distribution format.

So he has nothing to worry about with that regard, it is basically native broadcast format.

Ben

HD Articles and Reviews at HDSource!
http://hdsource.highlydef.com
Ben Buie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1