FX7 worth the new price? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old December 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #31
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn Hull View Post
Having owned a 2100 and now a FX-7 i can tell you the white balances are similar,the FX-7 does have manual white balance as well as outdoor indoor and auto,i find auto gives the most acurate colour on mine maual and outdoor being a bit on the red side,you can set the color level and color phase to suite your liking as well as the sharpness.
Thanks Martyn for your answer.But I think that with preset or auto WB control, we can only get medium quality color for our clip, for best quality it must be manual WB control like in VX2100 or HDR-FX1, thanks for your answer
Vinh Nguyen Quang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinh Nguyen Quang View Post
I know that there is no manual WB control in FX7
Who told you this? The FX7 has complete manual control over WB, like its brethren.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Thanks Martyn for your answer.But I think that with preset or auto WB control, we can only get medium quality color for our clip, for best quality it must be manual WB control like in VX2100 or HDR-FX1, thanks for your answer
Vinh i told you the fx 7 does have full manual control,in some cases i use it but for myself i find the outdoor acuracy better using auto on my cam but you may prefer manual.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #34
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn Hull View Post
Vinh i told you the fx 7 does have full manual control,in some cases i use it but for myself i find the outdoor acuracy better using auto on my cam but you may prefer manual.
I knew that from Camcorders - Independent Camcorder Reviews, Ratings & Comparisons in product details of FX7, if there is full manual WB controls in FX7 then it will be my first HD camcorder.Thanks for all of your answers
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:47 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Not sure what you were reading, but the review on that website includes the quote:

"The FX7 offers two custom white balances, A and B. Each is set by selecting either setting A or B, then pushing in and holding the jog dial until the icon stops blinking. Manual adjustments appeared accurate in their balance."

Sounds like full manual to me.
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:46 AM   #36
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Not sure what you were reading, but the review on that website includes the quote:

"The FX7 offers two custom white balances, A and B. Each is set by selecting either setting A or B, then pushing in and holding the jog dial until the icon stops blinking. Manual adjustments appeared accurate in their balance."

Sounds like full manual to me.
Thanks a lot to everyone who answers me, perhaps manual WB control in FX is at 2 custom WB, I've missed that detail. Anyway thanks a lot.Would you please show me link to download FX7 user's manual ?
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
Would you please show me link to download FX7 user's manual ?
U.S. English: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/HDRFX7.pdf

GB English (FX&E): http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2887515141.pdf

Other languages, do a search for HDR-FX7E: Main Page*|*Sony Europe Customer Support Portal
Dave Eaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #38
Major Player

You can download the manual from Sony Support.

Sony eSupport - Electronics - Select Your Model

Just select country and search for HDRFX7.
Old December 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #39
Inner Circle

Page 35-36 of the FX7E manual. You might need the FX7P, but the page numbers should be similar.
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM   #40
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Page 35-36 of the FX7E manual. You might need the FX7P, but the page numbers should be similar.
Thanks to all who supports me
Vinh Nguyen Quang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7