Where do I find the 1.6 Update? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 10th, 2007, 05:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Where do I find the 1.6 Update?

Hi,

I just searched Sony´s website for the 1.6 update for my F-350. Where can I find the update?
Thanks, E.
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 08:13 AM   #2
New Boot

upgrade

hi Emanuel,

try;

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software.aspx

can you post some footage with your Red Eye wide adapter and what lens did you use. thanks

rene
Rene V. Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #3
Regular Crew

yes i will. sorry for that. I was busy hiding and finding easter eggs recently:-) So back to work today I´ll post some shots, yes! I guess I will be able to load them up tomorrow.
Old April 10th, 2007, 11:41 AM   #4
Major Player

The latest software/firmware upgrade for the F350 is V. 1.58 and it is a minor bug fix with some expanding of the white shading menu. That's it. Remember that if you upgrade to this version you need to upgrade your FAM driver for your PC and NLE software. Also your proxy browser if you use that.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I thought it was V1.6 and I also found this version on the link supplied above!?
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #6
Major Player

Emanuel, you are absolutely correct. I mistakenly looked at the top of the list where V.1.58 was located. Looks like 1.6 has some more important fixes such as a write back to camera fix. Looks good.

Now to figure out the correct PDZ1 and FAM versions to go with the new update.
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #7
Regular Crew

this is going to be my first firmware update. I have to do it because I have issues writing back onto XDCAM unfortunately. Does this info provided by Greg http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....46&postcount=9 also apply for the new update? Is it going to be the same procedure more or less?
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #8
Major Player

There are very detailed instructions on how to do the upgrade in the Version 1.6 download (pdf's). They look similar to greg's information.
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #9
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanuel Altenburger View Post
this is going to be my first firmware update. I have to do it because I have issues writing back onto XDCAM unfortunately. Does this info provided by Greg http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....46&postcount=9 also apply for the new update? Is it going to be the same procedure more or less?
Pretty much. Except that my warning about XDCAM Transfer is now moot because it has been updated.

Which version are you upgrading from?

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 03:07 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Greg´s info for me seemed to look much easier and really straightforward. Thanks a lot for that. I´m upgrading from 1.56
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts