Sony Vegas & PDWF350 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 26th, 2007, 02:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Vegas & PDWF350

I'm currently attempting to figure out the workflow of Sony Vegas with the F350 and have been running into many roadblocks. The configuration I need is for basic news editing and exporting the finished product back to the camera or hopefully use an FTP.

One problem I've been having is exporting back to the camera. The deck will export, but it looks like it's exporting in 30p (we're shooting in HD HQ 60i). Another issue is slow FAM ingest speed, slow timeline rendering, followed by slow exports ... REALLY can kill you when you're working a deadline.

Please help. Any advice or point me in the right direction of websites, books & classes available is MUCH appreciated
Matthew Ernest Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Wrangler

Matthew,

I can only tell you that you should open the help index in Vegas and there is a section devoted to working with MXF files. I assume you're using Vegas 7. There is a new update to 7.0d that was just released within the last week.

I've found it to be fairly easy to work with F350 footage in Vegas7 even though I am really new to the software. That section in the online manual should get you going.

Sorry I can't be of more help here.

--gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

XDCAM timeline rendering IS CPU intensive. In FCP or Vegas or any other software, crunching HD rez material into small sized MPEG2 does require advanced number crunching.

so, you're best bet is to have these spec in a laptop:
- at least an intel core2 duo T7200 2GHz
- at least 2GB of RAM
- fast (& big) USB2 or firewire drive.

hornady
Hornady Setiawan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts