"Junipero" Finished! Watch the whole movie online! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 25th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #16
Major Player

Update: Just wanted everyone who enjoyed my movie that a prequal is in the works, set 96 years before "Junipero". It is entitled "The Last Daughter of Celestie". Production is set to begin in December! Wish me luck!
Marlon Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Torres
Wish me luck!
From what i saw of the first one you don't need it mate. I'm sure youll do a great job as long as any new actors you get are up to scratch......there's no plugin on FCP for bad acting (everyones sitting there thinking about how cool it would be if there was!)

Andy.
Old October 25th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Update: Just wanted everyone who enjoyed my movie that a prequal is in the works, set 96 years before "Junipero". It is entitled "The Last Daughter of Celestie". Production is set to begin in December! Wish me luck!

You should be very proud Marlon. You guys have a very bright future ahead methinks.
Old October 26th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #19
Major Player

That was really cool. I was a bit put off by the opening map sequence and the "overmind" voices being just too close to LOR content, but I enjoyed all the other parts of the film. It's actually a good story, and pretty well acted. Once death showed up, I really enjoyed the dialogue. Great, great, cinematography. I'm sure you guys have a bright future ahead of you!
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #20
Major Player

Thanks for the support guys, once production starts, i'll keep you guys updated!
Old October 27th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Awesome work!!!! Can't wait for the next one!
Jason Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Murphy
Awesome work!!!! Can't wait for the next one!
I hope I don't disappoint!
Old October 27th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #23
Regular Crew

congrats

hey congrats on your picture. while i will say the story is ntoe xactly my cup of tea. i must really compliment you on your work...

rite from skript to completion everything is really well done.

you have alot to be proud of with this...

a question for you
i read from another person you shot this with an XL2
was it shot with stock XL2 or do you have one of the 35mm adapters...
or did you use any other fancy tricks equipment to acheive what you did.

congrats again
MEKHAEL
Mekhael Trepanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekhael Trepanier
hey congrats on your picture. while i will say the story is ntoe xactly my cup of tea. i must really compliment you on your work...

rite from skript to completion everything is really well done.

you have alot to be proud of with this...

a question for you
i read from another person you shot this with an XL2
was it shot with stock XL2 or do you have one of the 35mm adapters...
or did you use any other fancy tricks equipment to acheive what you did.

congrats again
MEKHAEL
Glad you liked it Mekhael. Yes, I did shoot with an XL2 but no, unfortunately I shot this film before purchasing my 35mm adapter... so everything is pretty much stock lens... but the good news is that the next one will look even better because I will definitely use my adapter!
Old October 28th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Glad you liked it Mekhael. Yes, I did shoot with an XL2 but no, unfortunately I shot this film before purchasing my 35mm adapter... so everything is pretty much stock lens... but the good news is that the next one will look even better because I will definitely use my adapter!
Couple of questions.
What did you do to the footage in post, if anything? It really doesn't look like the stock lens or videoish. It looks like it was processed. How did you record sound?
Where did you shoot?
Also, what did you use for the effects?

PS. Good work. My only really constructive criticism would be that the story, at least for me, seemed a bit lengthy and the performances were not that compelling, expecially the girls. My suggestion for your next project. Less is more. It’s easy to lose an audience, even with the most impressive footage and effects if the story doesn't move ahead. Also, I would spend more time casting. If you are going for this high-end look and picture, which you are and have the ability to get, then spend the time getting good talent that can match the quality of the film.
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:01 PM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Duke
Couple of questions.
What did you do to the footage in post, if anything? It really doesn't look like the stock lens or videoish. It looks like it was processed. How did you record sound?
Where did you shoot?
Also, what did you use for the effects?

PS. Good work. My only really constructive criticism would be that the story, at least for me, seemed a bit lengthy and the performances were not that compelling, expecially the girls. My suggestion for your next project. Less is more. It’s easy to lose an audience, even with the most impressive footage and effects if the story doesn't move ahead. Also, I would spend more time casting. If you are going for this high-end look and picture, which you are and have the ability to get, then spend the time getting good talent that can match the quality of the film.
Thanks for the feedback Brian. Color Correction was done mostly in FCP, with more complex shots done via Color Finesse. Sound was recorded via XLR straight from the XL2 camera. The movie was shot in the Presidio and Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. All effects were handled via Maya, Photoshop, and After Effects. Anyway, it was hard work but a blast to dol... I just hope I can get a job after i graduate in the spring...
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #27
Major Player

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback Brian. Color Correction was done mostly in FCP, with more complex shots done via Color Finesse. Sound was recorded via XLR straight from the XL2 camera. The movie was shot in the Presidio and Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. All effects were handled via Maya, Photoshop, and After Effects. Anyway, it was hard work but a blast to dol... I just hope I can get a job after i graduate in the spring...
Thanks for your answers. Give me a holla when you graduate. I am always looking for other talented determined filmmakers.

Last edited by Brian Duke; October 29th, 2006 at 05:39 PM.
Brian Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Duke
Thanks for your answers. Give me a holla when you graduate. I am always looking for other talented determied filmmakers.
Yes! I'm gonna hold you to that!
Old December 8th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #29
Major Player

UPDATE: Script is done guys. Will shoot January. I thought it would be nice to give you a little synopsis of what to expect from the prequel. "The Last Daughter of Celestie" will be told as a parallel storyline between the beginning of the end of the world in 2008 and a man's journey to find Junipero in 3008. It will pretty much have 50% present and 50% post apocalyptic storytelling. It will revolove around two main characters Francis and Cassandra and... brace for this... will be a love story. I hope that doesn't put off you macho dudes out there :P I will keep the same theme of "fearing death" but this time fearing the very nature of death instead of Death himself.
Old January 4th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #30
Major Player

The Official Site is now open! Check it out guys!

http://www.citizencine.com/junipero/
Marlon Torres is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work