new 24p video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 18th, 2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

new 24p video

Just finished the newest video.

Shot with DVX.

20 MB download

I don't think its set to stream so right click and save as.

Should hit MTV2 and FUSE this summer.

Comment/critiques/questions more than welcome.
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey I just watched it streamed and it looked really good, no problems. Awesome quality v size, how did you get it so nice?

Did you just direct this or did you do all the work on it? Really cool, super siked to see it on mtv!
James OClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #3
Trustee

Looks pretty good, nothing really original but I am sure that is what the band wanted. Too bad the day was overcast on the live stuff, not much you can do about that. One word of advice, MTV channels are VERY strict about some things, they probably will make you get rid of any overt drug reference even if you didnt mean it that way so be prepared to cover those couple of syringe shots. FUSE is not as strict. Just for reference, I had MTV pull a Hanson video because they set a piano on fire... I just had to cover a shot of them actually starting the fire... here is the video if interested:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IKZu0Hp3TTc

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

James - yes did everything. As far as the quality it's all in the codec. Sorenson 3 compression at 15 fps.

Ash - Yeah the morning of the shoot was weird. Sun didn't come out until the last couple shots which I had rather it didn't, but whatever. As MTV goes, you're probably right. What's funny is I had to WAY tone down the violence in the video. The band wanted to get beaten up and all this, and I had the foresight to know MTV wouldn't air it. Funny how I didn't think about the needle subsitute. So I guess I'll definitely cut a backup.
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #5
Trustee

In my experience, bands generally arent too creative in the video world, they want what they have seen other bands do, this can be frustrating but ultimately you have to make them and their label happy. If I hear one more band tell me they want to play in a burnt out wherehouse I am going to puke!

ash =o)
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I feel ya. I haven't seen every music video made, but I can't imagine an imposter/clone type of thing hasn't happened before. But like you said, it's what the band wanted.

As fun as it was to shoot, I think I'm done with the handheld look for a while.

Whatever I do next, I don't care how boring it is, will be a tripod or dolly based video. Nice and clean.

Btw, how did you get hooked up with the Hanson gig?
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #7
Trustee

I love handheld stuff and it is a special skill, dont dismiss it too quickly... As for Hanson, they are from Tulsa and I started helping them pretty early. My doc with them in it has done real well, probably get limited theatrical release late summer, then to DVD.

ash =o)
Old May 20th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Chris,

Good solid video. The group is talented - always a plus.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:00 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Hey Chris-

This video freaked me out for a while only cause the place looked so familiar. Then I saw you were from Norman and figured it was Bricktown. Now my brain feels better.
Andrew C. Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:27 PM   #10
Major Player

I paused it and stepped forward to look at the street name because it was boggling my brain as well. Then I see Sheridan...ALAS!
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:27 PM   #11
Trustee

All hail OK film makers!
Old May 23rd, 2006, 10:09 AM   #12
Major Player

I didn't have time to read the"clone signs".. I'd leave those a couple of more frames maybe, if you want people to really "get it".
I mean you do understand what happens anyway, but to over clarify doesn't hurt sometimes..

Other than that, good job!
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work