New XL2 Music Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 1st, 2006, 01:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New XL2 Music Video

I Just finished making a New rock Video with the Xl2. It was a two day shoot. One Day at the Bar Location and another for all the story part of the video.

Xl2
Halogen Work Lamps for lighting.
PVC Dolly. (57$)

http://blip.tv/file/get/Peppe-TalkinToMe127.mov
Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

C'mon, Anyone? tell me what ya think...
Old April 3rd, 2006, 05:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I enjoyed it.

Only one thing that stood out to me, when you have the "one year later" shot, the text sticks out really bad. Maybe change the text?

Otherwise good work.

Makes me wish I had something to film. I think when I bought my XL2 it killed the part of my brain that comes up with ideas.
Travis Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM   #4
Major Player

I liked it except for the closing shot. I felt it needed a stronger ending.
Mark Bournes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM   #5
Major Player

Giuseppe,
I am always impressed by your work.
I think the music video is very good except for the indoor shots where the girl fell and all of that.
I really think a DVX would have made it more filmic or those scenes needed some more CC to make it not look home video.

The Bar scene was way much better. Do you have stills of your set?
Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 11:52 PM   #6
Regular Crew

thanks for all the responses and all. About the closing shot, its basically what the client wanted, So id say im mainly responsible for filming and editing. None of the story or pre-production is really my responsibility. I just bought a Nikon D50 last week so ill have set stills always for the most part now, cant wait...

-About the CC/Home Video look, i think im gonna bring the vegas file back up and take some stuff in AE. Not sure, We'll see...
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM   #7
Regular Crew

rock video

I bet that's what YOUR client wanted! advice: destroy the footage you took from the studio and remove the posts of YOUR version of this video from the internet. you have no right doing this. you were payed "work for hire" to shoot this job, that's all. you were asked this over a year ago. please respect the parties involved. c'mon peppe, do the right thing! thank you.

Last edited by Edward Tomecko; February 23rd, 2007 at 02:36 PM.
Edward Tomecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #8
Regular Crew

good video.

the first shots out of focus, is that intentional?
how did you achieve the almost sofy hightlight strips over the bar shots? something in post?
what kit was used in the bar? lighting? camera? what format was it shot on?
Andy Lunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 09:31 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tomecko
I bet that's what YOUR client wanted! advice: destroy the footage you took from the studio and remove the posts of YOUR version of this video from the internet. you have no right doing this. you were payed "work for hire" to shoot this job, that's all. you were asked this over a year ago. please respect the parties involved. c'mon peppe, do the right thing! thank you.
Did I miss something here? He sounds a little PO'ed LOL
Old February 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #10
Regular Crew

a little.!@#$%^&

let's just say someone needs to make things right. i am am not one to slander ( have been, though!), there is a blatent misuse of private property going on here and a certain party should cease and desist. it is a matter of business and should not be used as a personal gains tool, period. the owner of the works is quite upset that the certain party is utilizing un-released material and representing it as his own, when the final product of the music video and the song is not what this certain party is displaying! the music track isn't even mixed! this is my only warning. the client is moving forward legally......
Old February 24th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Alright, I edited this video when i was bored one day. I love making videos and have a passion for it. Im sorry for wanting to show the Video community something im very proud of and merely wanted opinions on????
Old February 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM   #12
Regular Crew

someone should just delete this thread.
Old February 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #13
Regular Crew

well...

you should KNOW NOW that's not the point! please don't water this down either. my company is ultimately responsible for this fiasco, the client has been quite calm for the most part and this should not be taken lightly. prior to you slanderring me on the internet you could have simply asked the client through me to allow you display what you were payed to shoot for HIS video. (when it was completed!) But we know it didn't work out that way. we all know you are a talented kid... but take some time to think about the other parties involved before you act. BTW i saw your a-bomb video. nice work
Old February 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM   #14
Regular Crew

...so you're upset that he posted his own edit of a video he shot? Was there a contract drawn up that says he can't display this footage. Or did he sell you the rights to this footage?

I'm not sure on what grounds he can't post something he himself shot, unless, as I said before, it's been sold to the client.

Just trying to figure this out, it was a good video, I had comments, but if they don't matter, I won't bother.
Old February 24th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #15
Regular Crew

clarification

just to clarify, then i'm done talking about this. he was hired to shoot the video with his camera, on MY tapes and for MY client. the song was not finished, not copywritten and certainly not released to the public at the time he came into the editing studio copied the files onto a hard drive took them home and made his own version of the video. without consent from the client. he doesn't even have the right title of the song. i have to deal with an irate client because his song is being misrepresented on the world wide web. can someone go to their job, shoot something for the company, then take home the raw footage to the publicly display the work? unfinished and protected music and all? it's tempting to want to edit video you shot. doesn't the client have rights? peace!
Edward Tomecko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work