Creative Dining Services at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Creative Dining Services

Intro to the Creative Dining, a midwest food service company, for new hires. We made it for a class at my college. I'd love some critique on it!

Tim Kerigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Regular Crew

can't find any flaws. made me want to get an application! great job!

the sound track really made it.
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks! We went back and forth a lot on that actually, we originally had some more jazzy style music, but along with the talent's voice it sounded too sultry and just didn't really work.
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Tim,

Good looking video.

There is one bit that stands out to me that you may want to tweak. At :24 when Steve Hiligan is speaking, the ambient noise is too distracting.

Sounds like the HVAC was running.... are you able to clean that noise up at all? The rest of the talking heads seemed fine but that first one really stood out to me.
Brent Hallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #5
Trustee

Its probably a nice thing when you post a video that most of the comments are about the audio.

I agree with the previous comment, but as deep as his voice is it might be difficult to clean up.

The one thing that struck me is that I don't hear any of things your showing, there's no natural sound, I'd like to hear them chopping and preparing the food, setting the table etc.. Obviously has to be under everything else but I think that ads to s fuller feel for your video.

This is totally off topic, but it would suck to have to constantly wear those gloves...
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding View Post
This is totally off topic, but it would suck to have to constantly wear those gloves...
Those gloves are terrible....I can feel my hands drying out just thinking about them!
Brent Hallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Re: Creative Dining Services

Hey all, sorry I never responded back to this, haven't been on in a while.

Yea the HVAC was on, we shot it in a large conference room in one of their hotel's and unfortunately there was no way to switch it off and like Chuck guessed his voice is so deep it made it really tough to pick out the background noise.

We really wanted to put nat sound in originally, put when we tried it, we found it to be too distracting in the end, personally.

Funny thing about those gloves...a lot of our original footage was with the executive chefs at the various locations and was staged. We had to throw out about 75% of our footage because no one was wearing gloves! Most of what you see we shot about a week before the final product was due, THAT was nerve-wracking let me tell you haha. Should've known better when we were shooting, just something to learn for next time I guess.

On a sidenote, just found out we won first place for Corporate video at the Indiana Association of Broadcasters with this video.
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #8
Trustee

Re: Creative Dining Services

Congratulations.

I'm producing a trade show video about the restoration of a '65 Mustang and the same thing keeps happening with the safety glasses.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work