fiercely edited 3 minute opus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #1
Major Player

fiercely edited 3 minute opus

Ok, well just over 3 minutes - all shot on a Panasonic NV-GS1 and NV-GS500 consumer camcorder between 2004 and 2009 in mostly in China and Thailand. It's a mish mash of TV features I've done and general home movie which in my case was mostly experimental but it serves as a good example of my filming technique and editing style as well as a tribute to my limited and humble tools. All edited on iMovie HD (the 2006 version).

It doesn't really serve well as a professional showreel, more as a bit of fun but a worthy example of my passion nonetheless.

YouTube - Camcorder Opus
Cameron Poole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Major Player

I know the quality isn't up to scratch but that's consumer cams for you, feedback appreciated on the editing and camerawork. Wouldn't be able to do stuff such as filming myself riding a motorbike with the pro camera I'm about to get, so it's the end of an era in some respects.

Wanted to embed it on here like some of the other vids - have I missed something?
Cameron Poole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

In a bizarre sort of way I have to admit that I liked it, given your description I wasn't expecting much. I would consider it video pop art so it's unfair to apply the standards that you would to a short film.

I liked the transitions and overall pacing. All I could suggest is that maybe you spent more time than necessary on the treadmill given the brevity of the other clips, but it was a cleverly done scene.
Old December 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Trustee

That was great, looked like you were having a lot of fun traveling and didn't take yourself too seriously.

I enjoyed it. Regarding embedding, I host all my videos on Vimeo and I think that is automatically embedded into your post. Not sure about YouTube. You might want to check out and post your video on Vimeo, if you haven't already, there are a lot fewer 15 year old dick heads commenting on your work and some great HD groups that I'm sure would appreciate your sense of humor.

Thanks for sharing.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Regular Crew

not bad it kept my attention

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work