Fall 2010 DP Reel at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 10th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Major Player

Fall 2010 DP Reel

This is my DP reel that I recently updated. I'd love to hear some feedback or questions from anyone since I update it periodically with my new work. The footage is mostly Canon 7D though a few EX1 shots made it in there. Can you tell which ones are EX1? Also, it is pretty much all lit with my custom light kit. There are also some shots from a feature in there I lit primarily with 26W cfls from Home Depot (due to budget). Anyway here's the link:

Noah Yuan-Vogel - Director of Photography Reel - Updated Fall 2010

(encoded in 720p, so fullscreen is recommended)
Thanks for watching!
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Major Player

Nothing? 100+ views and no replies? Is it because I didnt embed the video? I'd still like to hear any thoughts :)
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:32 PM   #3
New Boot

Great Work!

Hi Noah,

Your reel looks great, some really nice lighting and composition! Be great to see some landscape/cityscape/GV shots to break up the people shots... just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Yuan-Vogel View Post
There are also some shots from a feature in there I lit primarily with 26W cfls from Home Depot (due to budget).
I'd be interested in knowing what these shots were!

Cheers,

Dan
Old December 30th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #4
Major Player

hey thanks for your response.

the shots with the girl with the revolver and the guy in the car and at the dining table were from the feature mostly using homedepot cfls. i did have 2 2bulb diva-type lights that were $180 with daylight bulbs from adorama as well and Lowell tungsten fixtures, but i never used any tugsten on the whole project. the cfls were great for running handheld on my little 40wh portable power or a car inverter for night ext and for hanging in scoop or DIY aluminum pan lights since we could hang them in a few seconds using gaff tape or little wall hooks. most of the time the entire camera and G&E crew was just me and my Gaffer.
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work