Trailer up for my doc shot with DVX100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 1st, 2004, 08:59 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Am I the only one that when I watch the clip, the audio seems to be out of sync with the people's mouths? For me, at least, it is quite obvious. The thing I noticed though is that if I stop the player at the point where they are talking back it up a little bit then restart, the audio is back in sync. This is very odd, and I've never seen this happen before. I am using Dell's powerDVD to view the clip. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old March 2nd, 2004, 01:59 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Dan,

What you described is common. The computer can process the audio faster than the video and sometimes a frame or two will lag. The audio and video are seperate streams with keyframes to keep them together at certain points. so, when a frame or two lag, it'll be that much out of sync till you pause it, creating an instant stream marker at that point. So, when you start it up again it starts both streams from that marker; in sync.
Kevin Maistros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 03:16 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Nice job with the trailer. Let us know when & where it's going to be broadcast.
Scott Ellifritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 12:38 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Nice job... I certainly found it interesting and would like to see the documentary (our own area up here in the Great Smokies of Western North Carolina is going through a similar culture change).

--Ralph
Old November 5th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #20
Major Player

HI

Saw the movie and it looks like a normal movie, just like those seen on discovery channel. The introduction was good but I have a problem with the audio. I think the stereo sound is messed up. As a profesional musician it sounded very strange. Try to fix the audio..boost it up, make it more present in the movie. The shot of the kids talking...fix that audio or do a retake. Garbagein-garbage out. In the interview you could better choose for a condensro mic placed close (rode nta or rode 3 etc etc).
Lighing is good and the story is good as well. I have to see the rest to actually comment more.
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work