30 second advert for T-Shirts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old September 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Major Player

30 second advert for T-Shirts

This is my first go at a 30 second spot. Damn they're fun to do!
Canon XHA1, Letus Extreme and Sony Vegas.

Jake Heta is a local recording artist that wants to supplement his music with a T-Shirt line. It's targeted at the more hard-core elements of the Northland, New Zealand Hip Hop sub-culture.

Authentik Naughty Streetwear
Old September 22nd, 2008, 12:43 PM   #2
Major Player

65 views and no comments?
Was it something I said? *goes back to dog box*
Old September 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM   #3
New Boot

Dennis, I really liked it. I like the cuts, shots and mood. The girl is very sexy, love what you did in the room, except for the walk in the hallway. That shot shows too much of her just wearing a t-shirt in a non intersting setting. Takes away from style you stablished elsewhere. Otherwise I like it.
Daniel Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 03:00 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the feedback Daniel.
Yeah, I can't say I'm happy with the hallway. It was a good experience in that I found out how difficult it is to light a long, skinny room.
I will avoid that situation again... but this was done on the cheap, so I had to use my house.
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Dennis you have captured some really cool, clean and professional looking images, but i also have to agree with Daniel when he mentions the hallway shot. You stated these t-shirts will be marketed towards the hip-hop subculture, right? I don't have any idea what the hip-hop scene is in New Zealand, but the whole house scene I'd probably reconsider....Although the girl is pretty, the environment doesn't seem to fit the overall theme of your target audience, but then again I did say "I don't have any idea what the hip-hop scene is in New Zealand". It is my belief that consideration should be given to your marketing campaign for your intended target audience......plain and simple....keep it hood....keep it street, but with a touch of classiness with much more diverse urban appeal. Put that same chic in a club scene with a couple of her hot friends with the T-shirt and nice fitting jeans on behaiving naughty...or put her in the parking lot leaning into a car talking to a baller revealing her t-shirt as she lifts her head up(of course slo mo for that dramatic effect)...I like the second part with the barbed wired, the guy standing behind the fence and the gym stuff......thats great! Its all about imagery. Hope this helps...............
Reggie Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #6
Tourist

This looked great to me! Really nice job. Great looking model & liked the ringlight in the eyes. Have to agree with the hallway shot, but didn't bug me too much. Very cool & fun to watch.
Joe Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM   #7
Major Player

Good call Reggie.
I was too involved in just getting the shots etc. In future if I get other jobs, I really need to chill out and step back from it all and critique the concepts better.
Old September 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #8
Major Player

looks like you guys covered all the planes...i will just add that I love when commercials can communicate a message without dialogue. So good job on that. Really like the barbed wire, etc...

Thanks for sharing.

-JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 05:09 AM   #9
New Boot

Well done, nice colours too.
Sergey Stefanovich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work