Video tour for New website - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 11th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Very true.
Travis Binkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #32
Major Player

http://4q.cc/index.php?pid=top100&person=chuck
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Someone, namely "C.N." himself should capitalize on those and film webisodes of them. The traffic would be huge if they're done right, could generate good advertisers. Look at the geico cavemen for instance. They started out with nothing. Chuck already has two separate fan bases: Older fans who liked his movies, and younger kids who dig the Chuck facts, and a third if you count the people who buy his exorcise machines.

PS: Chuck Norris does not need to exorcise. He just thinks we should to make it a fair fight.

PSS: We'd still lose
Old October 11th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #34
Major Player

Haha, that's true. Was it a Geico commercial that has 2 guys talking about him and then he confronts them in an alley or something?

That caveman show seems like a bad idea. I saw a great protest ad in a newspaper a year or two ago. Done in the Greenpeace style, on the backside of a Geico ad. Both were done by them of course. But it was hilarious. But doing a show? I dunno about that. I haven't watched it though.

We should call CN and pitch the idea. On a cordless phone though, so he doesn't reach into the phone and rip our souls out!
Old October 13th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #35
Major Player

Would she be my companion? ;)

Very nice, although I would have sped it up a bit...the transitions and the whole feel of it seems a little slow.
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #36
Regular Crew

I agree Bryan, The whole thing should be shorter, by possibly splitting the video at the transitions and putting the relevant sections on the pages of the website they correspond to. That way if the visitors want to learn, or see a little demo about the section they're currently in they can. I suggested that to my clients while we were filming the actress's part, but they didn't want to hear it. I mentioned it again when I delivered the video after we watched it, but they said they were happy and didn't want to change it. So while I think you're right, I can't really do anything about it, but hope they change their mind and tell me to change it. (Something that will cost them now, but would have been included when I suggested a month ago.)

I chalk it up to...

...Customers are almost always wrong, but they always get what they want.
Old October 14th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #37
Major Player

I'm confused. What does this have to do with Chuck Norris?
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Shepherd View Post
I'm confused. What does this have to do with Chuck Norris?
Well Chuck Norris always gets what he wants. And for that matter, he is always right too. Quite odd of a client.

Note: C.N. was not the client for this video.
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:30 AM   #39
Major Player

Okay, so C.N. believes the video is good at the length it is. Don't wanna try to argue with that. I get it.
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work