Reflections at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Read About It
Some old-fashioned book-learnin' will do you some good.

Old February 20th, 2003, 07:59 AM   #1
Major Player

Reflections

If you are interested in hearing and learning about 21 working cinematographers... This book is a must see...

Its called "Reflections: Twenty-one Cinematographers at Work" by Benjamin Bergery. ASC published.

Its expensive, so you may be able to get it at a library or borrow it and its geared towards film, but very applicable to DV. Lighting plots, techniques, etc.

Rock'N!

Cheers!

Derrick
Old February 20th, 2003, 08:22 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I just finished reading it, Derrick. I highly recommend it.
Old February 20th, 2003, 10:16 AM   #3
Major Player

John,

Excellent read! Off the subject... I want to use quicktime on my site, and I am very impressed by the results you have displayed on your website. My question is, what codec do you use? Or whatever you might think necessary to achieve the result you have on your site?

Thanks in advance...

Cheers!

Derrick
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:41 AM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I was just preparing to write a mini-review but I see that Derrick has long since beaten me to the punch!

An outstanding and inspirational book that should be on many folks' Christmas lists. It -is- a bit pricey at $80, but it's liberally illustrated with color photos, illustrations and film frames. Being published by the American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) it's understandably oriented toward film techiques in several chapters. But this does not detract from its value for videographers at all; in fact, I believe that it enhances its value.

Derrick's link takes you to Amazon, a good pllace to purchase it. But the ASC Store features far more information on the book, including a peek at sample chapters.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Read About It