Microbeam early impressions - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old September 16th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #46
Inner Circle

I checked their spec. At 3feet it is measured at 1321 lux. That is at it's default 5600K color temperature and before diffusion filter is applied. 5600K is useless in indoor shooting as objects will become blue. Read here in my blog Color Temperature | L.A. Color Blog. Lower the color temperature and then apply the diffuse filter will make the light even less bright.

Compared to the Comer 1800 LED light, it is 1800 lux at 1 meter (about 3 feet) already in 4500K color temperature and diffused. It throws a wide spread without casting a soft circular spots in the scene. It makes the video looks like home-made video when panning with a circular spots on.
Taky Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #47
New Boot

Hey guys, I'm willing to get one or two of these lights and I just saw, they updated the specs of the MicroBeam 128.

The light is now supposed to be brighter as the lux value improved from 686 to 746 lux at 3 feet distance (and so on...).

I couldn't find any information regarding that upgrade. So I'm either blind or they didn't bother filling us in on it. Any clues?

Cheers from Germany

/edit: Product page: http://www.flolight.com/microbeam-128.html
And a direct link to the specs: http://www.flolight.com/graphics/microbeamchart.gif
Stefan Sonnabend is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management