How to show eddited HVX footage on 17"panasonic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 13th, 2007, 08:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How to show eddited HVX footage on 17"panasonic

After edditing 720/24p footage in FCP in their a cheap way to show people in the field the final product on the 17" BT-LH1700w other than a laptop which would require a kona card. How can I send a eddited clip back to the HVX-200 to play back in the field.
Paul Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm no expert but I was just reading about this on a FCP on line manual. Look at page 98 in this file.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/FCP...st_Formats.pdf
Martin Iverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Major Player

If you have a laptop, the best way to output true HD to the LH1700 would be through the Matrox MXO ($995). That would give you DVI (which you would not need of course) or more importantly, SDI with embedded audio. You could go from MXO to the LH1700 via SDI and take your audio either through the RCA jacks of the MXO or embedded SDI if you have the audio board installed on your LH1700.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:37 AM   #4
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Brady
After edditing 720/24p footage in FCP in their a cheap way to show people in the field the final product on the 17" BT-LH1700w other than a laptop which would require a kona card. How can I send a eddited clip back to the HVX-200 to play back in the field.
It can be done with Raylight (Windows) which can translate Apple DVCPROHD quicktime into a P2 card image that can be copied to the camera through the USB2 port. If you search the dvxuser FCP forum for Raylight you will find detailed instructions.
Marcus van Bavel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders