It's coming today - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 29th, 2005, 04:37 PM   #121
Regular Crew

I'd also like to see an Operating Instructions manual (PDF) posted on Panasonic's website for the HVX200. Please post it now that the camera is shipping. :)
Robert Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #122
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
Starts with S, ends in Y.
You mean the cheapest one!

great line up now for lower end HD

Sony FX1/Z1 if you're on a budget and don't mind interlace

JVC if you're a filmmaker on a budget who knows how to operate a Camera correctly

Canon if you need 1080 and better glass on the front.

HVX if you don't mind the fixed lens but want ALL those framerate options and a good in camera filmlook.

A bit simplistic I know, but basically it's all good news!

Personally it's the Canon AND the HVX for us - best of both worlds.
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #123
Panasonic Broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Graf
I'd also like to see an Operating Instructions manual (PDF) posted on Panasonic's website for the HVX200. Please post it now that the camera is shipping. :)

Am working on it. Right now the only version I have is 20MBs, too big to email and too large for a download. So hopefully soon the publications guys will send it to me.

Best,

Jan
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #124
New Boot

too big for email, but not too big for hosting, JAN...

plz do so, it would be very useful and even could help some of us making the choice of buying the camera, since the manuals explain a lot of doubts
Alex Melia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:45 PM   #125
Regular Crew

I second that Alex. I have cable modem access, so it would probably take less than a minute to download. :: wink :: wink :: :D

This has been the most anticipated release in a long time in my view. I'd like to poke around the manual to familiarize myself with the "ins and outs" of this wonderous camera.
Old December 29th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #126
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green
Not entirely true; you can use the Avid codec within Vegas or Premiere Pro and use it to make quicktime files.
I guess so, just hadn't tried that... But yeah, it does show up now in Vegas.

Quote:
But it won't work with a quicktime file that's been created on a Mac. Don't know why, but that's the problem. If I render a QT from the PC/Vegas using the Avid codec it shows up fine. If I download Mac-originated DV100 quicktime files, all I get is the white screen.
Yep.

Quote:
I've heard it works within Avid though -- apparently Avid Express Pro HD users can view the Mac-originated DV100 Quicktime files.
Yeah, it works... I took the cheerleader/basketball footage over to my local Avid dealer and it worked fine.

Quote:
Jeff's posted method (DVFilm Maker & the Avid codec pack) will let PC users get access to the raw .MXF files and convert them to Quicktime .MOVs. Or, alternatively, DVFilm Maker can output other types of files; if you had CineForm on your system you could output a CineForm .AVI, etc.
Yeah, I'm itching to try this out... The guys at DV Film say it will work. If it works, then I won't have to buy Avid (at least not right away) and I can keep using Vegas. I just need someone to post some native MXF stuff.
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 06:36 PM   #127
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Crittenden Livingston
Right now the only version I have is 20MBs
Please... Pretty please?!?! (with sugar, and all that) Heck, none of us would mind a 20MB download considering the clips being posted are well over that.
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #128
Regular Crew

Jan....

How is 20mbs to big for download, maybe 6 years ago. Kaku is pushing out way larger files, you telling me the huge Panasonic has bandwidth issue. hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Crittenden Livingston
Am working on it. Right now the only version I have is 20MBs, too big to email and too large for a download. So hopefully soon the publications guys will send it to me.

Best,

Jan
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 06:57 PM   #129
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Thurston
Please... Pretty please?!?! (with sugar, and all that) Heck, none of us would mind a 20MB download considering the clips being posted are well over that.
Actually I doubt Jan is too concerned about our ability to grab a 20 meg file; I think that its just larger than they're willing to host on their server. I just checked the color brochure and its less than 2 megs in size, so the Panasonic webmasters are probably quite frugal when it comes to hosting files.
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:05 PM   #130
Major Player

Not to mention that *MOST* people out there (ie: their potential customers) don't have the bandwidth and/or the desire to download a 20MB file. It's a users' guide... It should be a B&W PDF, probably about 1 to 4 MB in size and the closer to 1~2MB the better.
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #131
Trustee

wmv files anyone?
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #132
Trustee

Can you upload an MXF file directly off the card? or are one of the zip files on the FTP already an MXF?

thanks amigo...
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #133
Regular Crew

The ZIP files currently contain Quicktime files, which won't play on Windows, but if you have a MAC, you might be in business if you have the DVCPRO-HD codec... Jan mentioned ealier in this post that the MXF files can be copied directly off the card from the CONTENT folder. It'd be great if someone posts the RAW MXF files.
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #134
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe
The guys at DV Film say it will work. If it works, then I won't have to buy Avid (at least not right away) and I can keep using Vegas. I just need someone to post some native MXF stuff.
It does work, but only partially. The biggest problem is with 720p stuff -- DVFilm copies the contents over untouched, and Apple's Quicktime player will open the file and play it at native 720p. But Vegas insists on the file being 1920x1080. So Vegas scales it up to 1920x1080, even though the actual codec data is 960x720.

It does the same thing with 1080; instead of reporting the proper size it reports a full 1920x1080. Not ideal.

And then, on a reasonably fast system, you'll find that the Avid codec running through the Quicktime interface in Vegas is quite pokey. Around 4 frames per second. A proper native implementation should be playing back four or five streams in full-screen in realtime.

Overall the workaround is nowhere near a satisfactory solution. It is better than nothing, that's for sure; but it's not what we need. Not yet, at least.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #135
Trustee

I'm up. Jeez, it's after 11:15am.
Man, too many posts to read up...:)
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders