Third party battery for HC-X1500/2000? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old February 3rd, 2022, 06:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Third party battery for HC-X1500/2000?

I am finding mixed messages on various websites about which third-party batteries will replace the VBR59 AND fit the HC-X1500/2000? Also charger replacement for the BRD50 that work with said batteries.

The Panasonic batteries are ridiculously expensive!

Thanks
J.T. Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2022, 11:00 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Third party battery for HC-X1500/2000?

The SWIT battery I had as spare for the HC-X1000 would not attach to the HC-X1500, I couldn't see why as it was OK for the 1000 and the Panny battery from the 1000 fits the 1500. It didn't want to latch for some reason. The SWIT is slightly larger front to back due it's greater capacity but that shouldn't have affected the fitting. If it HAD attached it would have hung out the bottom of the 1500 a bit but only by maybe a cm.or so. Fortunately I have the panny battery for the 1000 to use as a spare - this works fine. I also have a 12v lithuim ion rechargeable battery, the one they use for powering CCTV cameras. I made a power lead and soldered on a jack plug. This works OK with both cameras' dc in jack. The hardest part is finding the correct power plug. I have a good collection of these but could only find one that fit and connected through. Use the power adaptor/charger DC plug as a reference. Wondering why you went for the 2000? I went for an open box 15000 and a used, mint, handle. Saved a few pounds
Philip Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2022, 11:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I am replacing my hard-working Canon XA-20. After years of video of wildlife in the tropics, often in conditions outside of its working parameters it was pretty much packed up, The zoom won't stay unless I hold the button down and now I can't even turn it on. Given the corrosion of the screws, I suspect corrosion of the switch. Anyway, time for a new camera.

I looked at the XA40 and the HC-X series and opted for the HC-X2000. Mostly I will use it without the handle, but at times I do use the handle on the XA20 to use my Sennheiser 66 and the IR. I know I don't have the IR in the Panasonic but am hoping the additional zoom makes up for it. So, my choice was 1500 plus handle (which, if new costs more) while you were lucky and got one cheaper.

Being in the field for weeks at a time, a single battery won't cut it. I have seen several posts from people who have had the problem that you have had - unless the battery is exactly the same size it does not work.
Old February 4th, 2022, 01:50 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Cheers J.T. Here is the type of 12v external battery I bought https://www.spycameracctv.com/search...&q=12v+battery also on Amazon and elsewhere I daresay

Last edited by Philip Lewis; February 4th, 2022 at 01:53 AM. Reason: added information
Philip Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2022, 12:07 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Ok, I have found a third party battery that appears to work. It fits well, and the camera turned on, but I have yet to really put the battery through a day's use.

I purchased it from a company called Subtel (Germany) but the battery is made by Cellonic. The item number is 934433

https://www.subtel.co.uk/Battery-for...X1-934433.html

It is the 4400 size and I also purchased the external charger which should also work with the default battery (I have not tried it yet).

All that said, I was VERY impressed with the battery life on a two-week trip filming wildlife. I could see that event videographers might need additional batteries but additional batteries may not be necessary if one chan charge every now and then (not even every night). As long as the camera is not recording then it shuts off when you push the viewfinder back in. If you make the mistake and push it back in and the camera is recording then it keeps recording....
Old May 27th, 2022, 08:42 PM   #6
Regular Crew

i bought some of those only 4400 and will not charge in camera
if anyone finds one cheap post it
or make some sort of power supply with 21700 battery's
Terry Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2022, 08:09 AM   #7
Regular Crew

The battery I linked to in my post can also be purchased with an external charger that will charge these batteries and the original factory battery as well. The only problem I have had is that the aftermarket battery can be hard to fully seat - you may need to push hard to make sure it is seated or it could fall out or quit providing power at a critical juncture.
Old May 31st, 2022, 04:51 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Jt just got 2 of those but each takes 8 hours to charge.
looking at a swift charger as output 4 amps

But i have lots of old sony npf 970 battery's wonder if i can adapt them
Terry Dennis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders