The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread - Page 53 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders
4K and HD consumer camcorders with professional interest.

Old September 12th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #781
Major Player

Re: The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread

The 150 is a much better camera, though it's lo light ability is still a bit a weak compared to larger sensor cameras.. However i think you'd love it. I did. there is really no comparing it to a 900. A different tool. Much more sophisticated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Therault View Post
Then, again, that 1080p60 for <$1000 sure in appealing! (I could get 2 of them for the price of one used HMC150).

And thank you, Keith Moreau for your long informative post.
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #782
Regular Crew

Re: Camera for indoor sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Therault View Post
I am considering the TM900 (over the HMC150) for indoor hockey (webcast and post production distro), primarily because of the 1080p60 slo-mo potential at a low cost. I would love to find 1080p60 in a camera in the price range of the HMC150.

My questions are:

1) How usable would the TM900 ring be for manual focus for close-up hockey action?

2) How useable would the remote zoom control (rigged on the wand with an optical connection to the front of the camera) be for a smooth but responsive zoom effect? (I would imagine that it would be physically awkward to use the power zoom rocker along with the ring for focus, which would take both hands off the wand.)

3) How much of an improvement in image quality would I see in the 1080p60 at 30fps for slo-mo over my current use of my HV30 in 1080 60i deinterlaced for slo-mo?

Thanks.
_________

Dave,

Forgive me if this is old news to you - but have you seen whats coming?

Panasonic introduces AG-AC90 AVCCAM HD handheld camcorder | ENG content from Broadcast Engineering

Other then 1080 60p one of the best parts of this camera is that it does what Canon did and went the 2.1 mega pixel route in order to do NATIVE pixel for pixel 1920x1080 acquisition - it should be great in low light.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.p...d_sd_image_ca/

Last edited by Clayton Moore; September 13th, 2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: add info
Clayton Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #783
Regular Crew

Thank you, Clayton. I can't believe how good that AC90 looks! Almost certainly the camera for my sports needs.

No built-in mic, but that's okay.

Can you tell if there is an LANC port?

I'm sure glad I procrastinated on my purchase... and that you thought to lay that one on us. Thanks again.

Larger pics here:

CVP blog & more Archives Panasonic Announce New AG-AC90 AVCCAM Camcorder
Dave Therault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #784
Regular Crew

"The AC90 includes such desirable professional features as time code/UB recording; time/date stamp, and two wired remote control terminals (for zoom, focus, iris, REC start/stop controls). "

It has a built in mic that works like the TM900 switchable between 5:1 and Stereo.

VariZoom Panasonic Lens Controls | Control Zoom, Focus, and Iris
Attached Thumbnails
The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread-ag-ac90_03_rside_connector.jpg   The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread-ag-ac90_04_top_audio.jpg  

The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread-ag-ac90_05_rear_connector.jpg   The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread-ag-ac90_01_lside_original.jpg  

Last edited by Clayton Moore; September 14th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #785
Major Player

Enticing camera. Almost everything you get with the ac130 but smaller sensor, less reach.
2 ports for remote . . . are Panny's not LANC compatible?
Old September 14th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #786
Regular Crew

LANC is a SONY Remote protocol implementation called Control-L and its bi-directional

Panasonic uses "Control-M" a similar 5 pin bi-directional protocol but implemented differently.

Some controllers like this one are switchable.
Manfrotto MVR901ECPL Lanc/Panasonic Clamp-On Zoom MVR901ECPL B&H

and

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/361366-REG/Libec_ZC_3DV.html
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #787
Regular Crew

Okay... wow... thank you.
Dave Therault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #788
Regular Crew

If you pic one up, please post your impressions of it and LOTS -"grin"- of sample video. ;-)
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:22 AM   #789
New Boot

Here a short vid taken with both a TM-900 $ HC-X900M.

So, these kids now take me to the ball game!

The guys at the ball field say, "You'll be able to set up and get some really good shots, which amounts to "stay here" once on the field. *Using two cameras, I was able to use what they did, when I couldn't do what I wanted to. *I all came out good!

Greg Mlotkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM   #790
New Boot

Night shots

Fariz Abasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:19 PM   #791
New Boot

Dusk
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM   #792
New Boot

Meditation

Old October 18th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #793
Regular Crew

I'm having a problem with image quality loss when rendering files from the TM900 to .MP4 using Sony Vegas Pro 11. The attached files show the project settings used, the rendering settings, and the output. The original video image (top) and the rendered image (bottom).

Does anyone have advice for what settings to change so that the image quality is retained better?

My workflow is to take the MTS file and convert it to .AVI with Cineform and then edit the .AVI file in sony vegas pro and output to .MP4 at 1280x720p. The original file is 1080/60p.
Attached Thumbnails
The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread-vegasprojectsettings.png   The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread-rendersettings.png  

The Panasonic TM900 Users Thread-renderfilewithproject.png  
Mike Prendergast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #794
Inner Circle

Not been in this forum area for a while - been very busy! However, about 6 weeks ago I did shoot something on the TM900 which I've only just found time to edit so I thought I'd share that. The only shot not taken on the TM900 was the aerial shot of Cambridge - a still from my 7D taken from a noisy 1941 biplane!

Summary below the video player but if you want more info about some of the College locations and artifacts featured or the Whipple Museum there are some very useful and informative web links on the YouTube info page. This video is also now on Vimeo too.

Open Cambridge is an annual event organised by Cambridge University. It is held every September and many of the Cambridge Colleges and other interesting and historically significant buildings open to the public allowing a glimpse of some rare treasures.

This film was shot in about 3 hours and features Christ's College and its Bodley Library, Corpus Christi College and its Parker Library, Queens' College, Chapel and Old Library and St John's College and Old Library (including a telescope that belonged to Fred Hoyle). The excellent Whipple Museum is also briefly covered (note the Orrery as well as Charles Darwin's old microscope).
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #795
Regular Crew

Found the Service Manual for the Panasonic HDC-TM900 here:

PANASONIC HDC-SD900 TM900 SM Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

Very interesting stuff. If we can bypass the MPEG CODEC IC3401 we could get an uncompressed raw signal to IC3801 HDMI LSI.
Daniel Schaumberger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic HC Series Camcorders