Panasonic AG EZ1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Panasonic AG EZ1

I don't know where this would post but im looking to buy a cam and i was wondering if anyone could help me on this camera. I don't see a lot around on it so i figured that posting something here would be a help. Thanks guys!!
Attached Thumbnails
Panasonic AG EZ1-agez1a.jpg   Panasonic AG EZ1-agez1b.jpg  

Panasonic AG EZ1-agez1c.jpg   Panasonic AG EZ1-agez1d.jpg  

Derrick Jones..........
Derrick A.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Derek,
The EZ1 was Panasonic's 1st Prosumer DV camera, and comparable in quality to the Sony VX1000. The EZ1 did not have a firewire port for downloading to a computer, but was a very good 3 chipper with a very clean image. It's large viewfinder was a strong point that carried over to the DVX (better than the tiny eyepiece on the Sony).
I know a producer that still favors it as a B camera on 60i shoots.

Hope this helps.
Ken
Ken Plotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Ken! Do you know if this camera shoots 24p or not. I'm so use to shooting with a viewfinder that that is the only thing that is keeping me from purchasing this cam. I got two offers from two people on this and then another one on the Canon Optura which this person is calling it the Baby GL1. It shoots 30p progressive scan mode and have RBG filter technology which separates the reb, blue and green just like a 3CCD cam. If you know anything please help with info

Derrick Jones..........
Old May 12th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #4
Major Player

Derek,
No, the EZ1 doesn't shoot 24p or 30p; only 60i. Remember, since it doen't have a firewire port, you'll have to use another dv camera or a deck to get the footage into your computer.
I don't know anything about the Optura, but suspect it's 30f is not true progressive.
Ken Plotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #5
Inner Circle

the EZ is still a great unit image wise even by todays standards..
features well it sucks, but back then the image alone was enough to sell countless units
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Regular Crew

yeah i don't know about the EZ1 now. Features are not there plus by it being so old i don't want to buy it from someone with all that mileage on it.

Derrick Jones..........
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #7
Regular Crew

What features are you looking for? Just be sure to look for burned out pixels and make sure it plays records etc. It also can be set to a 16x9 image (I don't know if it uses the whole sensor) and you can set it to "frame" mode which is like 30p but not quite. If the price is right I would get it, always nice to have a good backup. I have one just for that.
Dan Gonzales is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant