Rebate Problem - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 10th, 2006, 06:59 AM   #16
Trustee

Hmmm... Abel CineTech told me the book, DVD and software are coming separately from Panasonic and Panasonic acted a bit suprised. When I told Panasonic what Abel told me, the Panny rep said "It must come from us so forward to us the e-mail from Abel stating that the stuff comes from us." And that is what I did. But it all feels so nebulous. I will wait until I get the rebate check and see what happens.
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #17
Regular Crew

My understanding was that the cameras were originally shipped into a warehouse in Washington from Japan, and the Book/DVD/Magic Bullet were added to the boxes there, then shipped to dealers. That has since changed, and the cameras are now shipped directly from Japan to the dealers, and you must submit the claim information to received them as part of the rebate promo. So in effect, Abel is correct in that you receive this stuff from Panasonic. It's just changed on how you receive it. That's why some people are getting it in the box, and others are having to wait for it to be sent to them.

Why the Panny rep acted surprised, would indicate a breakdown in communication to me. Having worked in support centers before, I would always find out about something from a customer before getting the email or flyer in my box detailing the info.
Curtis Rhoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Me Too...

I sent my rebate in on Nov 5, for my DVX100a got my rebate back in late January and still have not received my battery and tapes. When I called them in January I was told that it would be 4 weeks at most until I recieved my battery and tapes. I gave up on it and just chalked it up to another one of those manufacturer rebates that never comes to fruition.
Nathan Chaszeyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I just got a DVX100B from B&H and the web site said the book and Magic Bullet were included. But neither was in the box. Should they have been? Or will they come with the rebate?
Dale Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #20
Trustee

According to Panasonic, it comes with the rebate. I am still awaiting my rebate check, book, DVD and Magic Bullet software.

Contact this woman at Panasonic:

kgoodwin@acbcoop.com

She has been good at returning my e-mails in a timely fashion.
Old March 14th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #21
Barry Wan Kenobi

The Book, DVD, and Magic Bullet software are no longer included in the box, they now are mailed to you, as part of when you file for the rebate.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:38 PM   #22
Tourist

WATCH OUT!
I had the same problem as the person who originally posted this. In fact, I bought my DVX100A in June of 2005 and wasn't able to submit the rebate online. After some emails, I was told to go the paper route. I did and waited a very long time. Finally, in December, I received a letter saying that I couldn't receive the rebate because SOMEONE ELSE HAD ALREADY CLAIMED IT. WTF??? I waited so long to just find out that I'd be getting NO BATTERY, NO TAPES, AND NO $300!!! And what nerve to say that it was "already claimed" (to another person they wouldn't name) when MY name was on the receipt that I sent in!?!?!? Since then, I have played phone tag with them and STILL HAVE NOT COME TO A CONCLUSION. I am pissed off still, and it's almost now a year later. I posted this on dvxuser.com, but of course, the post was moved to an akward thread because will never say anything bad about Panasonic, so no one really saw it. I'm so glad somebody else is reporting the same problem.
Mark D. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:53 PM   #23
New Boot

Mark your problem doesn't sound like a Panasonic problem but a bad online retailer, The rebate process has flaws but it works for most who didn't get ripped off by a shady store.
Brendan Bhagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:02 PM   #24
Tourist

Nope, unless you're calling EVS Online a shady retailer.
Mark D. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 10:08 PM   #25
Regular Crew

It does take awhile - hang in there...

I submitted my rebate on 2/4/2006 and I just got my check today 03/22/06. Just a bit over 6 weeks. So it *does* take awhile for these rebates to be processed. I think the advice so far has been spot on -- give them a call if you're concerned. (the number and contact person was already mentioned earlier in this thread..)

I hope everyone gets their rebates and associated software/books and DVD.

-Michael
Michael McGruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:04 AM   #26
Major Player

I submitted my rebate request on March 8 - and just received the check - about 7 weeks.
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:25 AM   #27
Trustee

Here's An Update

I fell through the Panasonic cracks when it came time for me to get Barry's book and the Magic Bullet software. I spoke with Veronica, (866) 339-4296, who immediately mailed out those two aforementioned items a day after the six week deadline. Know what I received in the envelope? Old NEW YORK POST newspapers! Thinking somebody was playing a joke, I called back and she seemed genuinely appalled and overnighted the DVX book and software with her apologies.

As for the $200.00 rebate? I am on my 9th or 10th week and have not received the check. I spoke with her this morning and was told the rebate company is still awaiting rebate money from Panasonic.

Things that make you go HMMMMM...

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant