Boss Wants Me to Attend a Conference... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 28th, 2016, 08:06 AM   #1
Major Player

Boss Wants Me to Attend a Conference...

in 2017 and I've been doing some research on exactly where I want to go and I decided on the In[Focus] Conference. It looked like it would be a good fit for my style and what I'd like to hopefully learn from a professional development conference but I didn't see any info on their 2017 conference and when I reached out to them, they told me the 2017 conference was cancelled due to various reasons.

That said, I'm back to square one on where to go. I've heard a lot of good things about NAB, but I know a lot of people go there just to get their hands on new gear, which isn't really what I'm interested in. I want to go there to get better at producing video. Do they have breakout sessions where I can take classes? If so, I may be interested in that.

Anyone have any other suggestions on what to do or what would be a good event to attend?
Brock Burwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:56 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Boss Wants Me to Attend a Conference...

You might want to look at workshops vs a conference. If you look at Maine Media | Photography Workshops | Film Workshops | College they have various media workshops that in the past have been top rated. Years ago a colleague of mine went to one on After Effects that took her work to a much higher level. If you want to learn technique I would recommend something like that. If you want to learn more about upcoming technology and trends, then I would recommend NAB. I've never went to a break out session there because I spend all my time on the floor, but I did go to a couple of classes at InfoCom a couple of years ago. They were ok, but was really more of an information session then an actual class, and there was definitely no hands on. A workshop would be more hands on training.

Good luck.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion